• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Have Favorite Brand Of Tape?

13 posts in this topic

Hey all

I'm in the process of moving my comics to Mylar bags, and I was wondering if anyone has discovered a "non-threatening" brand of tape they like.

I understand, too, that there's a bit of debate about whether or not to even tape Mylars (1 mil bags). Right now, I'm just folding the flap into the bag, so if sit somewhat snug between the back of the bag and the backing board. I would, however, prefer to have this seal a bit more solid using tape.

Any thoughts, recommendations, advice?

TIA,

Maury

http://www.railheaddesign.com/

I use a double sided thin strip tape from BCE Mylar. I'm not sure if it's on their web site or not, but I've purchased it from them. Before purchasing it, I asked them about it and was told it's very close to being acid neutral, so should be better than most tapes you can find. However, I'm sure someone can provide a better solution......but this is an option.

As blowout suggested, scotch magic tape is much easier to purchase and use. This double sided stuff I mentioned is not what you want if you remove your books from your bags very much. It's very sticky.

This double sided stuff I mentioned is not what you want if you remove your books from your bags very much. It's very sticky.

Good advice. The thought of double sided tape is scary! I hate tape on bags or mylar. Too much chance for something to go awry.

lol.........I just use regular old scotch magic tape myself. It's cheap and it works. Just have to always be careful that it doesn't grab onto one of your comics. I'm actually thinking about switching to using no tape at all.