• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Neal Adams Batman Book of the Day

59 posts in this topic

THAT IS NOT BLURRY ENOUGH>>>>>>> for my taste....

cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..cntrl.. alt.. delete.. cntrl.. alt...delete..

Have to agree with Dam - 251 is my favorite Batman cover,the joker looks so cool/evil standing over gotham like the king of Crime that he is ( I'm a fanboy,what can I do ??)

But this beauty comes in second if you ask me.

610761-Mail.JPG

Nice copy...its in way better shape than my copy.

Its just to hard for me to just pick one N.A. Batman but 244 & 227 has my votes for starters thumbsup2.gif If one of you has a 227 you really don't want feel free to ship it to me grin.gif

But,....????

Batman still has his pants on, yet the bad-guy has his pants???!!!???

What up with that? 27_laughing.gif

KEVLAR BODY WEAVE TO PROTECT THE A....A..LOWER PART OF THE BODY. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

One of my favorites too, always love the trademark Adams lighting, in this case the torch illumination. thumbsup2.gif

gossip.gif Note the shorter Bat-ears than soon become the norm for Adams' Batman.

Here's one from Neal that hasn't been mentioned yet. I love the version of Bats on 221. Adams drew Batman's face and cape better than anyone!

611741-Batman%20221.jpg

Terrific cover.. I agree.. thumbsup2.gif

A few things I do really like about this cover is the large , plain and simple BATMAN logo.

Nothing else is on the cover..no UPC, no other word ballons except for the one that has to do with the actual cover story.

No Batgirl, or Robin .. no other adds for what is inside.. anywhere.. just plain Batman.

And this seems to be a really nice marrige of Neals Batman stuff.. and his penchant for all things Horror, with a killer gargoyle too!

But I gotta ask... would those bats really obey that "seek and destroy" command?

After all he is a BAT man isnt he hail.gif,

I would imagine many of those flying squirrels would have a conflict of interest.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice cover....

Ze-

Great cover. That one has been on my list for awhile now too. I like the perspective and, as with all Adams Batman covers, I also like the horror elements he added. I always looked at Batman as being a dark loner, and his art captured that perfectly for me. Ze-man, I totally agree about the logo...and I feel that the execution and design of a logo can make or break a cover. It's part of the reason I collect certain runs.

# 237 would be my second vote..

Not only for Best Cover.. but best story ever .

That is among the few comics I have probably read over 100 times.

It to me is what makes a really great comic story.

I would love to see that animated as a Halloween Special. cloud9.gif

Yes, this is a really sharp cover when seen in high grade with its glossy red cover. I was lucky enough to snare a high grade copy of this book at my local comic convention last month for only $30. The seller had priced it lower due to a very small corner crease on the LRC. Everything else was just about perfect for the book.

Couldn't believe that everybody else simply pass on this book as they was in a mad rush to pay bigger dollars for the latest newsstand variant covers. screwy.gif

I just won a fairly low grade copy of #237 for 7.99. Really one of my favorite books. When I was a kid, I was even more enthralled by the GA Batman solo story reprint from DETECTIVE #37 than I was by the superb Reaper story.

I thought I would bring this thread back, cause I liked it. bumpit.gif Here is my 3rd favortite Adams Detective cover (behind 395 and 400). The purple and pink background is a lot brighter than the scan shows....

10-13-2004033351PM.jpg

Nice copy. Bats 222 is undervalued in Overstreet (along with 227) and I have been having trouble finding a nice copy of it.

222 is hard to find in higher grades. I think the Beatles appearance has a lot to do with it. I found a nice VFish copy a few months ago and snapped it up. It's the nicest one I've seen, except for that 9.0 above.