• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how is it that...

55 posts in this topic

Probably 5 female board members who post here on a 'regular' basis.

At least 2 of them have started threads here recently which addressed the treatment of female characters in modern comics or the behaviour towards women by male comic book collectors.

Neither thread could be called 'progressive' in its outcome.

... Evidently there is not one female soul on this board, and since this forum is a good representation of the comic industry (I know, I cant believe I made that statement too), how do you explain that at least a quarter of my buyers on eBay and Amazon are females?

You mean except for the several female souls that post here on a daily basis? lol

:gossip: I heard one of them had no soul, but that may be just a rumor.

Sharon and Sara have enough soul for the ones who don't. :foryou:

And here's a lady who has more soul than ALL of us put together...

Not to change the subject, but just an observation I found interesting...of the almost 150 advisors to Overstreet, not a single one is black.

There are 3 women though :)

Judging by the convention dealers I normally see, comic dealers are usually one of three colors: Pasty White, Painfully White, and Translucent.

That's why I try to spend money with Foolkiller and Harley whenever I can. lol

greggy sez FU

Not to change the subject, but just an observation I found interesting...of the almost 150 advisors to Overstreet, not a single one is black.

Judging by the convention dealers I normally see, comic dealers are usually one of three colors: Pasty White, Painfully White, and Translucent.

greggy sez FU

hm

Last summer I was at the Bronx Zoo with my daughter. A large gorilla was standing against the opposite side of the glass. It vomited into its hand and then ate it.

This thread is much more stupid.

F5748E6F-2FE3-4FA2-BB69-A6A0545252BD-7892-00000643E134B532_zpsfc789124.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA

A gorilla did whaaat? Hahahahaha hahaha

wheeeewheeeewheww

hahahahaha

wheeeeewheeee

Hahahah...

SNAP!!

Speaking of female boardies.How's Fay doing?

Oak-who is sorry for krapping in your stupid thread.

I miss Fay - she was a frequent PM'er, and a great friend. :sorry:

greggy sez FU

hm

With a stick.

greggy sez FU

hm

With a stick.

:cloud9:

... Evidently there is not one female soul on this board, and since this forum is a good representation of the comic industry (I know, I cant believe I made that statement too), how do you explain that at least a quarter of my buyers on eBay and Amazon are females?

Have I missed the gender profile in ebay?

(kdding, Im assuming you mean you end up shipping to female names 25% of the time)

but then again based on your statistical skills determining the # of female board members, Im not sure how much I should rely on your reporting of 25% ebay/amazon sales being to women.

Also I never thought of this board as being part of the comic industry, the comic market, sure.... but outside of some of the tallent that shows up over at the Sig Serius forum or darthcorgi I'm not sure many of us are contributing to the industry...

I drive a car but I dont consider myself as part of the auto industry. Heck I've bought and sold a few in my years too.. but still not part of the industry.

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO there are a lot of gals on this board..

Are you sure? I get the impression that you are Not*Sure.

DG