• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman in All Star Comics #8 ...... What if....?

39 posts in this topic

Hey everyone :hi:

As we all know, Wonder Woman first appeared in All Star Comics #8. She was originally supposed to first appear in Sensation Comics #1 and have her first cover debut along with her origin story. Unfortunately they cut the origin story in half and put the first part of it in All Star Comics #8, which pre-dates Sensation Comics #1 and therefore makes it her first appearance. Although Hibbard did a great job creating this "darker" JSA cover and it was probably finished before they decided to include the Wonder Woman story in AS #8, it hurts me as a Wonder Woman fan not to have her on the cover of her first appearance. It all got me thinking about how cool it could look if Wonder Woman actually were part of the cover and how something like this could look like. I imagined the Spectre and the JSA looking through the crystal ball at this mysterious, powerful and young beauty rising out of the mist, anticipating for her to join the world of men.

Unfortunately I am not any good with graphics editing programs and spent several hours reading manuals and watching youtube tutorials these past few days in order to be able to alter the image.

I tried a few things and will be posting what I came up with. I would love to see other suggestions and "Coulda" WW covers from fellow WW fans.

I like the image of Wonder Woman riding to war on the cover of Wonder woman #1 a lot (although I am not a huge fan of the general cover ensemble) and tried to make it look as if she'd actually jump out of the crystal ball. I also erased the lettering in the yellow box beneath the crystal ball and replaced it with the "featuring" and "Wonder Woman" lettering from Sensation Comics #1

Test1.png

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Hope we get to see a few more ideas :grin:

Meanwhile, here is the image with the WW #1 close-up. Really like this one as well

LargerWW-1.png

...great, although you probably don't want her hand coming out of the crystal ball. 2c

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Hope we get to see a few more ideas :grin:

Meanwhile, here is the image with the WW #1 close-up. Really like this one as well

LargerWW-1.png

...great, although you probably don't want her hand coming out of the crystal ball. 2c

Bob-a-loo actually made a version of this, where WW is limited to the inside of the crystal ball area. He arched the image of WW is a bit towards the edges of the cb, made it more transparent and her arm and the horse head don't show at all, whereas I tried to make it look as if she's materializing out of the cb. Hence her arm and the horse head aren't transparent towards the end of the cb.

Maybe Bob would like to share his version :baiting: