• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman in All Star Comics #8 ...... What if....?

39 posts in this topic

Bob-a-loo actually made a version of this, where WW is limited to the inside of the crystal ball area. He arched the image of WW is a bit towards the edges of the cb, made it more transparent and her arm and the horse head don't show at all, whereas I tried to make it look as if she's materializing out of the cb. Hence her arm and the horse head aren't transparent towards the end of the cb.

Maybe Bob would like to share his version :baiting:

Here you go George. I did this real fast using my somewhat rusty photoshop skills.

I think you're on the right track, t's definitely between the portrait of WW from #1 or the one from Sensation #1 - it's just a matter of tweaking it all to work. I didn't attempt the lettering. That I think needs to be explored a bit more. Great idea for a cover reimagining (thumbs u

allstarcomp_zps631e0856.jpg

While I do love the image of her on WW #1, likely the Sensation #1 image is the better one of the two, it's first time she appeared on a cover and it's likely the most iconic image of her ever.

If you subscribe to the theory the All-Star #8 story continues in Sens #1, It kinda makes sense, that the same portrait of her inside the CB appears on the cover of Sensation #1, suggesting the All-Star #8 image was a premonition of things to come (in the pages of Sensation Comics). ;)

I love this Wonder Woman clip from "Batman: The Brave and the Bold". This is the Golden Age Wonder Woman through and through with the 70's Tv-show music that just cracks me up. It's awesome that they used Vondah Voumman's very first villainess, Baroness von Gunther :D

With Trevor around Batman doesn't get any, but that doesn't keep him from grumping: "What does she see in that man?" :/