• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art questions

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, new boardie here, been lurking for a long time though. I recently picked up a piece of original art in a trade that I don't know anything about. Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction to get some info. It's like an animation cell, clear plastic with just the black outlines and black text that overlays what looks like hand painted colors. It's signed by Steve Oliff and says Gilgamesh II in the upper left corner. Is this what they call a greyline or what? I've never seen anything like this personally, and was thinking about framing it somehow. Is there anything special I would need to do to preserve it?

Thanks for any info. sorry for the crappy pics, too much flash.

100_2325.jpg

100_2326.jpg

I thought color guides were supposed to be the same size as the finished page. This one is bigger than comic book page size. It's approximately 13 1/4 tall by 8 1/2 wide, and thats just the part overlay, the whole thing measures 14 1/2 x 10 inches.

And yeah, I wasn't concerned really with value, I just think its cool and have never had one before. I'd like to display it somehow, maybe just framed and matted?

I just looked up some color guides and they didnt look the same at all. Then I searched for "color key" and that's what it is. I knew you guys would kick me some knowledge. Thanks!