• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ted from Superwold Looking Good!

31 posts in this topic

The last book I got from him (DD #40) I think, was bought as a NM-, I thought it was a little overgraded, came back CGC Q6.5, missing coupon ad that we both missed foreheadslap.gif.

He will work with you if you dont agree on a grade, easiest person to deal with.

Nice guy, me and goldust were in a car with him and Bob Storm, and what a laugh, it was like something out of Waynes world 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Yeah, Jethro Bleedin' Tull playing at ear-splitting volume.

Speaking of whom, now that Ted has rightfully joined the glorious pantheon that is the OS Board of Advisors, whither Blazing Bob? Surely the Curt One with his knowledge and standing re HG Silver Age should be given the nod?

Great to see Ted's mug here! 27_laughing.gif

One of the true Gentlemen of Comics. Always happy to work with you. Always up and a collector's heart as well!

I haven't seen his new warehouse - I think I movd here before it was done - remember him telling me about it. Used to visit at his house on occasion and man what a fun time.

Wish he would post on here sometimes!

i've known ol Teddy for well over 15 years....met him at his 1st show in Boston. Great guy. thumbsup2.gif
HAS it been 15 years since the first Boston Show?????? Impossible. So I will say have known him since the first Dave Cuimmings Boston Show!

I DO remember being at some shows in Boston before the Primaten ones - in the 80's. They were called something-con! Can't remember the "something".

Remember seeing tons of original art pages for $10 - some old too - d'oh!

Ya know everybody thinks Ted is such a nice guy...little do you all knwo that when he is not grading comics he likes to eat cute puppies. He eats them whole on a whole wheat tortilla with salsa!

I am just kidding....he cooks the puppies first...

once again just kidding- Ted is a very nice guy...one of the best in the business. Knowledgeable, easy going and fairly priced.

VZ

Ted is a very nice guy...one of the best in the business. Knowledgeable, easy going and fairly priced.

VZ

OK, Vince, so how much you charging for Ted? Let us be the judge of whether he's fairly priced! wink.gif

Ted, is definately one of the best dealers out there ,easy to work with,personable,& a true fan at heart!! And let's not forget his partner, Mossow,really great guy also , I love talking golden age books with him when I see him!! thumbsup2.gif

dunno haven't bought from him in over a year. confused-smiley-013.gif he's defiantly a nice guy but his grading needs to be tighter. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I've bought about 3 dozen books from him via the mail, and I agree, at least half of them were overgraded by 1 to 2 notches. However, he EASILY accepts returns, and he is the friendliest and most enthusiastic national dealer I've ever met, so I definitely continue to order from him. 50% accuracy on grading is WELL above average, even for dealers! And his inventory changes so much--and gets UPDATED on the web site, unlike most other dealers--that he keeps me coming back to check out his latest wares. thumbsup2.gif