• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ted from Superwold Looking Good!

31 posts in this topic

As Metallica would say, SAD BUT TRUE. Is it because dealers can only get the required % of the sale if they UP THE PRICE AND GRADE?

It could be because they speed grade a collection, they can't grade, or their clientele can't grade. True, alot of Ebay sellers can't grade but neither can alot of buyers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I actually just received an order of about 5 DC Adams books from Ted over the weekend:

Bats 237 (graded by Ted NM-)

Bats 241 (graded by Ted VF/NM)

Bats 245 (graded by Ted VF/NM)

GL 87 (graded by Ted NM-/NM)

GL 89 (graded by Ted NM/NM+)

I feel I'm fairly tight and accurate and thought Ted was slightly off in the grades here's what I would have given them.

Bats 237 (VF/NM outside NM-) very nice book though, very sharp.

Bats 241 (VF/NM)

Bats 245 (VF+, could even be a VF)

GL 87 (VF/NM, maybe a NM-)

GL 89 (NM), nice, nice book.

Not bad, to be honest. The great thing about Ted is that, as others have said, he's a great guy to work with. The prices I paid on all those books was very fair. He works with you and is really, really friendly. As long as we're no too far apart on the price, I'm always more than happy to work with him and make a deal.

Although I've always said that I thought Bob is the tightest grader I've ever seen, Ted is certainly the nicest dealer I've ever encountered (outside of Gary Platt). If possible, i will always buy books from Ted almost for that reason, especially if I can find reasonable books from him. Since I'm not always looking for 9.6s, it makes it easier to give him business.

Congrats Ted on being an OS advisor.

Ya know everybody thinks Ted is such a nice guy...little do you all knwo that when he is not grading comics he likes to eat cute puppies. He eats them whole on a whole wheat tortilla with salsa!

I am just kidding....he cooks the puppies first...

once again just kidding- Ted is a very nice guy...one of the best in the business. Knowledgeable, easy going and fairly priced.

VZ

Now I know why, whenever I asked for the recipe to his delightful snack, he would hem and haw and claim it was a family secret!