• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase Presents 15

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :hi: - I am struggling a bit with this grade. I love this book, and I think it presents nicely overall. OO collection. The colors are really sharp. The flaws are the apparent ones, the unidentified stain at the top left corner (foxing, transfer, chocolate ice cream??); the crushing/chips at the top; scuff in the top right; and the wear bottom left corner. The staples are nice, pages all there and intact and ow. I was thinking a 4.0 that presents really well for the grade?? When I bought it I was hoping a 4.5. Thanks in advance for the help. I am debating on whether to press and slab, sell, or keep it raw. (shrug)

Showcase15-front_zps5ef0325c.jpg

Showcase15-back_zps7059adda.jpg

Solid 3.5, could go 4.0, but not 4.5. I'm not sure pressing would do much for it. I wouldn't think it was worth slabbing. I see it was listed as a 3.5. A tightly graded book at a nice price. Congratulations! Who says you can't find deals on ebay?

Howdy Greg :hi:

While I feel this may benefit from a cleaning, I'd be REAL nervous about the top edges because the paper looks a little soft. I'd hate to see some of it pulled off. I know joey (for example) is very careful, but I'd still be nervous. That top left corner should be cleaned up no matter what, though (if it can be) as it's pretty unsightly.

A press wouldn't really make a difference to the FC, but I think it would make the BC present nicer. I would suggest contacting joey via email for an opinion on that. At the very best I'd say this would get the "mythical" GA bump to 4.0, but I'm leaning towards 3.5- But you never know. We've seen an AF15 with a BIG chunk missing from the front get a 4.0 recently, so :shrug: Roll them dice!!

If you plan to sell this key, I would definitely submit it for grading so potential buyers can feel safe there is no restoration present. ;)

All IMHO, of course. Nice pick up, assuming the price was right :applause: