• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone with Scalped OA?

10 posts in this topic

I finished reading Scalped the other week and was very impressed with it, the gritty art grew on me and was perfect for the style of the title.

I have been in contact with Jock regarding cover OA.

I was wondering if anyone here has any OA from either Jock (cover artist) or RM Guera? IF so, post pictures! :grin:

Hello Niro. Love Scalped. Very underrated book in my opinion. I have a few pages posted on my CAF site (link below) and I have a few more pages that I will post some day.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=4310

Charley

Those are some great pages. At one point I was looking to buy some, but I never found any for sale (or at least pages that I liked at the price).

Thank you Niro! I purchased the page directly from R.M. Guera and the bottom half off the page was blank because those panels were to be drawn by Igor Kordey. While I am not a big fan of writing on original art, when Scalped #60 came out, R.M. and I decided that Dash's final narrative would look really cool on the page, especially as R.M. had lettered a good bit of issue #50 so the "feel" was right. R.M. went to work and the rest is history - and I think it turned out looking pretty great.

To other posters, if you are reading this and have not read Scalped, please do so! Think of Breaking Bad as a comic: good guys doing bad, bad guys doing good, great twists and turns, an engaging read from start to finish. And the art is great too.

Nice Stringer! I am getting pretty envious from my own topic now :boo:

Thank you Niro! I purchased the page directly from R.M. Guera and the bottom half off the page was blank because those panels were to be drawn by Igor Kordey. While I am not a big fan of writing on original art, when Scalped #60 came out, R.M. and I decided that Dash's final narrative would look really cool on the page, especially as R.M. had lettered a good bit of issue #50 so the "feel" was right. R.M. went to work and the rest is history - and I think it turned out looking pretty great.

To other posters, if you are reading this and have not read Scalped, please do so! Think of Breaking Bad as a comic: good guys doing bad, bad guys doing good, great twists and turns, an engaging read from start to finish. And the art is great too.

Always good to hear of a artist so engaged with a fan, you've probably got the most unique page out of them all...very lucky (thumbs u

Those are some great pages. At one point I was looking to buy some, but I never found any for sale (or at least pages that I liked at the price).

I found RM Guera website, but no idea how old it is or if it has even been updated recently, i've sent a message through the contact section there, hopefully it is still active and RM gets back to me :wishluck:

Even if he does, I doubt he has pages left, he was selling them all (except splash pages) at $200 a page, i'm sure they would have gon for hotcakes at that price