• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller misadvertised comic---do I sell it anyway or return?

6 posts in this topic

I just bought a comic on ebay, advertised as unrestored, and the preliminary grading information shows it as trimmed and thus restored. Do I attempt to return the comic and eat the cost of grading, or do I hope I can at least sell it at what I invested in it?

Looks like a SA trimmed label is coming. Grade may otherwise be in the 9.4 range for a Spiderman 50.

i guess it depends what the market is for the comic at a restored level.

This news comes on my birthday. Happy birthday to me, your comic's worth less... :)

I just bought a comic on ebay, advertised as unrestored, and the preliminary grading information shows it as trimmed and thus restored. Do I attempt to return the comic and eat the cost of grading, or do I hope I can at least sell it at what I invested in it?

Looks like a SA trimmed label is coming. Grade may otherwise be in the 9.4 range for a Spiderman 50.

i guess it depends what the market is for the comic at a restored level.

This news comes on my birthday. Happy birthday to me, your comic's worth less... :)

Who is the seller?

You have a right to return a book not as described or misrepresented. That right can lapse if you are tardy in enforcing it. So it depends on how long ago you bought it and the conditions under which it was sold.

I don't believe that right should cover your slabbing costs.

Given the caliber of the book I would politely ask for a refund.

You might get more responses to this question if you posted in comics general.