• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spider-man CGCs - any value in these?

6 posts in this topic

Being a bit of a Carnage & Venom fan, I was thinking of collecting all the Ultimate Spider-man's with Venom or Carnage in them.

Recently books #60-64 have featured Carnage. The first 4 can be picked up for cheaps, but the cheapest I've found #64 for is $75!! First 2 9.8s sold on Ebay went for $50 and $80 respectively.

Is this just a rip-off? Or a genuine representation of limited no. of these graded books? CGC census doesn't include USM #64 yet frown.gif

Ta

Depends on two factors...

1 - Is the issue worth that much to you.

2 - Is it worth that much to you slabbed.

Jim

Well I'd like the whole carnage series, so it 'could' be worth that much to me..

But do you think the $75 price is just because many haven't appeared yet? Or will they never appear in decent quantity??

Depends on two factors...

1 - Is the issue worth that much to you.

2 - Is it worth that much to you slabbed.

Jim

Well I'd like the whole carnage series, so it 'could' be worth that much to me..

But do you think the $75 price is just because many haven't appeared yet? Or will they never appear in decent quantity??

I'd wait on any new Modern if I was going to buy it slabbed (unlikely in my case). Many more will pop up over the next couple of months and the farther away from this storyline we get, the prices will cool off considerably.

Jim