• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

14 posts in this topic

Good morning and happy Friday! I've picked up a few more books from that collector who sold me the X-Men #2-150 that I've recently sold here on the boards. In addition to another boatload of X-Men I've gotten a few other interesting tidbits that I would like to offer here first.

Same rules as my other thread. Shipping will be additional and at cost, whether you are in the US or international. Checks/MO/Paypal all accepted, Paypal only if you are outside the US.

:takeit: in the thread rules. PMed offers are always welcome, but if someone buys in the public thread then the book is generally sold. I do reserve the right to decide if a PM beats out a posted purchase in the thread, but this will happen only under limited circumstances.

Returns accepted if you are not satisfied, and if I missed something material return shipping is on me.

If I missed something that needs to be here in the fine print just let me know and I'll add it, but I've sold enough here that hopefully I'm ok.

I won't have time to get to the Daredevils before I head in to campus, but here are a couple of nice looking Conan #23s, which is the first appearance of Red Sonja.

Conan #23 (copy A) - VG - asking $9 + shipping SOLD :news:

At a glance it looks VF/NM from the front with only light spine stress. Main issue is a minor tape pull on the Vulture’s outstretched right leg. Back cover has some grabber ticks at the bottom edge and a bit of a thumb bend on the top edge. Overall I’ll call it a VG with good eye appeal in a mylar. OSPG VG = $12.

Conan23a.jpg

Conan23abc.jpg

Conan #23 (copy B) - F+/VF minus - asking $29 $24 + shipping

Very solid copy with light spine stress, a minor ding at the top edge above the “AR”, and a very light short crease in the upper right corner of the front cover. Back cover has minor dings to both left corners and some distributor overspray on the top. OSPG = $41 in VF.

Conan23b.jpg

Conan23bbc.jpg

I won't have time to get to the Daredevils before I head in to campus, but here are a couple of nice looking Conan #23s, which is the first appearance of Red Sonja.

Conan #23 (copy A) - VG - asking $9 + shipping

At a glance it looks VF/NM from the front with only light spine stress. Main issue is a minor tape pull on the Vulture’s outstretched right leg. Back cover has some grabber ticks at the bottom edge and a bit of a thumb bend on the top edge. Overall I’ll call it a VG with good eye appeal in a mylar. OSPG VG = $12.

Conan23a.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98708466/Daredevil/Conan23abc.jpg

Conan #23 (copy B) - F+/VF minus - asking $29 + shipping

Very solid copy with light spine stress, a minor ding at the top edge above the “AR”, and a very light short crease in the upper right corner of the front cover. Back cover has minor dings to both left corners and some distributor overspray on the top. OSPG = $41 in VF.

Conan23b.jpg

Conan23bbc.jpg

Take the pair for $35 + shipping.

:takeit:Copy A

Conan #23 (copy A) - VG - asking $9 + shipping

Conan23a.jpg

:takeit:Copy A

^^

Daredevil #3 - VG/VG+ - asking $70 $63 + shipping

Nice fresh-feeling book with no real problematic defects, just a general accumulation of wear. A couple of tiny chips along right edge of front cover, and a very small chip at lower right corner of front cover and lower left corner of back cover. Bottom left corner of back cover is not stained, it just has a bit more tanning from being folded over for a time (note the crease in that area). OSPG VG = $76.

DD03.jpg

DD03bc.jpg

Daredevil #10 - G/G+ - asking $9 + shipping

General wear, 3” strip of bottom right edge of front cover has a chew on the very edge (no chews on back), rusted staples with no transfer to any paper so far. Scanned in the bag. OSPG G = $13

DD10.jpg

Daredevil #16 - Apparent Fine - asking $19 $14 + shipping

Nice looking book, main blemish is scrape at top of spine, but color touched along spine and in black of building at lower left front cover. Likely a bit along black strip of spine too. Some distributor ink overspray at top of cover too. Plenty of eye appeal if you don’t mind the CT. OSPG Good = $17 (Fine = $51).

DD16.jpg

DD16bc.jpg

Daredevil #17 (copy A) - VG/F - asking $39 $34 + shipping

Book has light general spine and edge wear, light bend on the upper right back cover that looks a bit worse in the scan than it is in hand. OSPG Fine = $51.

DD17a.jpg

DD17abc.jpg

Daredevil #20 - VGish - asking $9 + shipping

General spine wear, small scratch in area of comic code stamp, light creasing in lower right corner of front cover, a couple of scratches to upper back cover, a pin hole or two on back cover. OSPG G = $8, VG = $16.

DD20.jpg

DD20bc.jpg

Daredevil #33 & 38 combo - G - asking $2 + shipping or freebie (cannot be taken with #17) if you purchase in the thread

#33 looks good, but has a maverick page that developed a small tear and someone applied old tape to two pages in the area that has stained a bit. Book is still readable. #38 is quite heavily worn with tears to both covers, but is complete and readable as well.

DD33.jpg

Flash #139 - Goodish - asking $13 $9 + shipping

I've always loved this book and Reverse Flash for some reason, in fact a more respectable copy is the only DC in my collection at the moment. This one is complete but has obvious wear, most noticeably an erasure mark that has taken off some color in the mid cover. It also has a subscription crease and an extra non-production staple at the middle of the spine. But it is otherwise fairly clean. OSPG quotes $21 for this book in Good.

Flash139.jpg

Flash139bc.jpg

And this here is my 5000th post. lol

Daredevils add up to $146 for the 8 books, take the whole bunch including all the freebies for $119 $105 shipped. :news:

Add in the remaining Conan #23 and the Flash and buy the entire thread for $140 $119 shipped. :o