• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay is the wild west

28 posts in this topic

check the fine print

"9.4 out of a 100 point grading system"

Im kidding it doesnt say that.. but it should.

Love that the questions are getting posted in his listing though

Q: You might want to re-read the Overstreet GUide. The book you show in the picture is at best a Very Good. That about more than 5 full points below a 9.4 (near MInt) book. With a two inch tear on the back of the book even a VG is a stretch. Sometimes better to look before you leap. Sep-18-13

A: Ok so I'm going to go ahead and say it's an 7.0 because of the few :o creases but I'm telling you the binding is very good :facepalm: and pages are white,this is definently one to get graded

^^

I haven't followed 55 since I sold 3 copies last year when it got hot, but at least back then, $66.66 for that in that shape would have been a steal. I sold a similar beater for $130 or so.

Yes, of course, the grading is way off, but at least it is apparent from the scans.

I know he wants to lure in lookers with a high grade, but he isn't fooling anybody --- in any event, a lot of people are (or were) looking for an affordable copy of that issue anyway, he could just say "mid-grade" (which would be pushing it, but would set off fewer alarms) and it would sell well too. now he just looks like a scammer.

It is the Wild West - where else would you get OSPG/GPA wrecking deals like this?

Thunder Agents 1

:shrug:

Ouch. And in a slab! Should have set a reserve.

Some of those Towers don't do too well, though I would thought this one would have done better.

I haven't been able to touch Towers lately - the slabbed ones seemed to be doing well.

The first time the guy listed this one it didn't meet his reserve - it had two bids over my highest bid of $151.

So he relisted it with no reserve at all, and the previous high bidder only put in a marker bid. I think why it didn't do so well was it ended on a Saturday night.

Anyway, worked out fine for me, as I'm the new owner at $128.49 :banana: