• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Informal Survey - Selling Silver Age Marvels

8 posts in this topic

If they are low grade books I'd be tempted to say, yes. In a buyer's mind they are getting more bang for their buck when one considers shipping.

In the case of higher grade books, many collectors are searching for particular issues and are probably not interested in paying for unneeded books.

In my experience, I would say "5 to 10" book lots may be too much for SA. Believe it or not, I've done a lot better with 2 or 3 book groupings.

Also, I'm not sure how much credit to give this, but I think it's easier to sell DC SA in small lots than singles, and visaversa for Marvel. 2c

Personally 5 or 10 might be a bit much for higher grades, depending on the price I like to pick and choose individual issues. If its a low value run, limited series or whatever then maybe... For me, I think Jaybes might be right, 2 books with a story run..

Personally 5 or 10 might be a bit much for higher grades, depending on the price I like to pick and choose individual issues. If its a low value run, limited series or whatever then maybe... For me, I think Jaybes might be right, 2 books with a story run..

Fantastic Four #66-67 :luhv:

I think it all depends on the value, condition, and importance of the book in question. I would guess that generic, low-mid grade stuff does best in consecutive issues (or as close as you can get) of 5-10 books with a target of $50-$100 yield. Higher grade stuff should be listed individually and any single book worth more than $25 may do better listed individually.

This assumes that ebay is your listing engine.