• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My experience with MyComicShop.com.

377 posts in this topic

I also noticed they have an issue with Paypal as the money I paid them is being held by Paypal until they ship product...that only happens to new sellers or ones that have had alot of problems.

By the way...still haven't received my refund

You should have your refund now. Anybody else who ordered Ghost Projekt #1 and didn't get it should also have their Paypal refund.

Your thing about "that only happens to new sellers or ones that have had alot of problems" is not accurate. With both PayPal and credit cards, we use a two-step authorize/capture process. First, the full amount of the submitted order is authorized, either by PayPal or the card issuer. Assuming there are no problems with the authorization, we go and pull the order and get it ready to ship. Then, once the order is finalized and ready to ship, we issue a "capture" to complete the payment transaction.

You capture for the full amount originally authorized if everything in the order is available and the total hasn't changed, or you can capture less than the originally authorized amount if something wasn't available. Or, if the order was only for one item and that item isn't available so that the whole order is being canceled, you issue a void of the previous authorization, to release the funds back to the account.

This auth/capture process is industry standard practice for payment processing. You're not supposed to capture payment until the order's final and about to ship. It has nothing to do with us being "new sellers or ones with a lot of problems".

your website should probably be reprogrammed if it cannot say "out of stock" when a book is out of stock. if people knew you were out of stock BEFORE they ordered, they wouldn't be pissed and on the phone yelling. or am i missing something? otherwise it just looks like you're playing games...cuz it's not like a lot of comic shops don't burn their file customers

if you have 50 copies and sell them all, doesn't your database update itself so that it knows none are left?

I understood it as they thought they had 47 copies but really they only had 30 something. The system showed the books as available because the count was wrong. Hence the confusion.

That is how I read it too.

i must have gotten lost somewhere in the 8,000 posts

Let me get this straight ... the OP turns out to be just as full of *spoon* as any reasonable person could have surmised from his posts in this thread? What a shock :eyeroll:

And that Nigel Toerag guy is probably totally full of mess, from placing an order with MCS to getting hung up on twice to missing his baby's first steps.

(thumbs u

-slym

your website should probably be reprogrammed if it cannot say "out of stock" when a book is out of stock. if people knew you were out of stock BEFORE they ordered, they wouldn't be pissed and on the phone yelling. or am i missing something? otherwise it just looks like you're playing games...cuz it's not like a lot of comic shops don't burn their file customers

if you have 50 copies and sell them all, doesn't your database update itself so that it knows none are left?

I understood it as they thought they had 47 copies but really they only had 30 something. The system showed the books as available because the count was wrong. Hence the confusion.

That is how I read it too.

i must have gotten lost somewhere in the 8,000 posts

lol it did blow up didn't it it ?

If an online site is out of stock shouldn't it say "out of stock" on the appropriate web page of the site? (shrug)

It does say out of stock, and you can't order something that isn't thought to be in stock. But the point in this situation is that due to an inventory error we thought we had more copies available, but we didn't.

(thumbs u

In the past 1 year over 300 negatives, almost all stating "Very Bad Customer Service"....keep making excuses for them.

No company is close to perfect but that my friend is called a pattern.

I also noticed they have an issue with Paypal as the money I paid them is being held by Paypal until they ship product...that only happens to new sellers or ones that have had alot of problems.

Get out of here with that BS lol

300 negatives!!!!!!!!! OMG

VS one hundred and fifty one THOUSAND positives. Try dealing with 151000 ebayers without running into 300 complete lunatics.

:eyeroll:

In the past 1 year over 300 negatives, almost all stating "Very Bad Customer Service"....keep making excuses for them.

VS one hundred and fifty one THOUSAND positives. Try dealing with 151000 ebayers without running into 300 complete lunatics.

:makepoint:

lol

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=skypinkblu&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&mPg=338&page=10

(thumbs u

lol

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=skypinkblu&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&mPg=338&page=10

(thumbs u

Small business with all transactions handled by the owner. :gossip:

I doubt Thousands and thousands visit these boards and I know thousands certainly do not post...I am very confident there have been many other issues with terrible customer service...this type of thing does not happen overnight,

I'm not crying over spilt milk...just amazed and appalled at how this was handled from what I perceived to be a major online retailer...I was wrong.

Quick question: did you raise your voice, swear at, or accuse Buddy of being a liar? Because, it's one thing if he out and out handled your complaint the way you describe in the middle of a reasonable conversation/inquiry, it's quite another if you were antagonistic and confrontational.

Of course, on the other side of the ledger, Buddy could have made the same effort Conan did, which is to advise you he wasn't sure what the problem was, but that he would look into it, and get back to you.

Both sides may need to share some blame in a case of poor communication.

Oh my god, somebody posted a reasonable response in this thread....

HOW DARE THEY!!!

(:

-slym

That's some serious negative feedback...wish I woulda seen that before making my purchase

But we are just whining because we didn't get the books we wanted. Thank you for the info Amadeus!!!

Conan you seem like a very nice and thorough person, however u have some issues it would seem. If u can't admit that then that is that.

So the expectation is......perfection?

I bought from them for years w/ no issues and I would still be buying from if they didn't treat their customers w/ a "buy from us or don't buy from us" attitude. That is the problem not inventory issues. I have had the same problem with Mile High Comics when it comes to inventory but u know what...when I called them they treated me like gold not a leper. So now all my business goes to TFAW, Midtown, or Mile High. But never MCS again and frankly I don't think MCS cares. Only thing as a consumer I can do. Maybe Buddy needs to retire and then employees like Skylar (Johnny Cash could have had field day) wouldn't feel empowered to treat a customer like !

You are still going on about this.

We get it. You don't like them and won't be using them anymore to fill your comic needs. How many posts do you need to say the same thing?

:/

-slym

This. So much, this. ^^

-slym

lol

(thumbs u

Small business with all transactions handled by the owner. :gossip:

Comprehension fail.

This. So much, this. ^^

-slym

lol

This. So much, this. ^^

-slym

lol