• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My experience with MyComicShop.com.

377 posts in this topic

I had a similar experience with Mycomicshop this year.

Earlier in the year I placed half a dozen orders for back issues, and aside from the books hardly being NM half the time, they arrived at least.

This summer I ordered a Age of Ultron #1 Sketch Variant in CGC 9.8 for $90.

This was the day before they announced the next movie coming out next summer at SDCC.

I was thinking lol I just ordered that book...

When Monday arrived I got an email saying there was a problem with my method of payment.

I had not changed my payment info, or my card, and had funds available, so this was really odd.

I reloaded the payment info on the site, but the next day I got another email saying order canceled.

I tried to email them to inquire what was going on and basically they said it was too late.

Soon after the same slab was posted on ebay for a 2x or 3x increased price.

Hi,

I see your order--placed July 21st, for this book: Age of Ultron (2013 Marvel) 1D CGC 9.8

Your credit card declined. Specifically, it declined because the CVV code did not match. I don't know what you mean by "reloaded the payment info on the site", but unless you provided us an updated CVV to try with your existing order, it's not going to affect anything. In that case, I'm sorry that we weren't clearer about what we needed from you, or what needed to be done to correct your order so the charge could go through.

After your order was canceled, the book went back up for sale, at the same price it had been at before, $90. It sold July 24th, very soon after going back up for sale.

When you say "Soon after the same slab was posted on ebay for a 2x or 3x increased price."--are you saying it was listed by a different seller? If that's the case, and it's the same serial number, then I presume whoever bought it from us thought they could flip it for more. If you're saying that *we* relisted the book for 2x or 3x the price after canceling your order--that's not correct. The book resold at the same $90 price you bought it at before your order was canceled.

The only other CGC 9.8 of that issue that we've sold since then went for $171 on eBay August 10th (different slab, it's this book)

Please do not imply that we canceled your order so that we could relist it at a higher amount, because nothing like that happened.

To me this comes down to 2 things.

1. A speculator not getting the book they wanted. All I hear is:

Dont-Cry-Baby-6.jpg

2. Buddy being.... Buddy.

Thank goodness for Conan. He may not always be able to do for you want you'd like, but at least he'll deal with it in a customer friendly way, and explain the situation as it is.

Conan is an absolute sweetheart...and he says very nice things about Buddy, which given the relationship he should.

My guess he takes after his mom;) he's SO nice, so calm and so willing to provide details, it works:)

As for the thread...well...maybe we need a special forum for venting....

hm Oh, wait!

My interaction with him has only been through the forum here, but he's always been very cordial. Having worked customer service management many years ago, I empathize what he has to go through.

I haven't experienced what the OP SAYS he experienced, but just based upon my own intuition, if I ever DO have a problem with MCS, I'll let the buck stop at Conan, who I know will do what he can.

I trade in a lot of comics for credit to free up space and use that credit to buy older comics on their site, and I can say, his response to shoring up their grading has been extremely noticeable, at least on the stuff that I buy (lower to mid-grade grade GA/SA/BA).

I sometimes wonder if they downgrade .5 on purpose just to be safe. I'm THAT happy with what I've been getting.

lol

MCS rocks. That is all. Take it to the bank.

I buy, sell and consign with them. They have a large volume of transactions people. 5 "complaints" in this thread out of thousands? Really? Keep up the good work!!

Buddy is a perfectly nice, friendly guy. He didn't make it as far as he has in the comics business by being mean or unreasonable. He gets a bad rap from people that have problems with us, because he's the "buck stops here" guy whenever there's an especially difficult customer.

This is not true.

lol

I buy, sell and consign with them. They have a large volume of transactions people. 5 "complaints" in this thread out of thousands? Really? Keep up the good work!!

How about 5 out of 100....not a good ratio IMO

It's just I was only one willing to call them out...Right or wrong that's what I did but if I hadn't I guaran-damn-tee you I woulda never heard from "Conan" here on the boards.

Now hopefully he knows he has a serious customer service issue and resolves it and doesn't lose anymore potentially highly profitable customers such as me.

lol

Go get 'em Prime!

Echo from me:

I have bought books from MCS for a few years and have had nothing but incredible experiences each time. No BS. Many of the books I have got from them have been in great shape. Packaging is awesome. Their inventory is extensive (including back issues).

You guys do know it was ME who bought all of those Ghost Projekt copies at $2.30 under my various internet shill accounts?

I'm trading them in for some lower grade GA Romance Comics at a local shop here.

He'll have them processed and out for sale in a day or two. $50 each.

Yeah! Science!

It's been optioned by NBC!

Lap it up!

I will admit I was baited into some posts that do not present me in a favorable light.

hm

Oh to be baited. Let's blame the fisherman. :whee:

Hey Branget. I have purchased from u before. Out of Canada right? Rest assured I am a reasonable person. I had a horrible experience with MCS and this thread brought that back up. However several people on here posted things discounting my opinion and calling me a whiner which is not the case and I let it get personal. I take ownership of my actions and have even apologized. Just disappointed in some member's lack of concentration in not reading a post and understanding the point being made or their lack of comprehension.

lol

How about 5 out of 100....not a good ratio IMO

It's just I was only one willing to call them out...Right or wrong that's what I did but if I hadn't I guaran-damn-tee you I woulda never heard from "Conan" here on the boards.

Now hopefully he knows he has a serious customer service issue and resolves it and doesn't lose anymore potentially highly profitable customers such as me.

Nope. 5 out of thousands......and thousands.

Only one willing to call them out? only one willing to continue to cry over spilled milk when it was explained the inventory ran dry.

You never would have had a response from Conan? Of course not. No thread = No response.

$200 a month potentially, maybe is not "highly profitable". :gossip:

They have always gone above and beyond from what I've seen. Their system rocks. There is one single solitary example that I've heard where I disagreed with how MCS handled it. It was a $2 book for RMA. Personally I would have acted differently but they didn't do anything unprofessional.

Hey shazzzam, thanks. Nice follow up, and thanks for accepting that it was a system error. For which I do apologize.

I would guess that the Paypal refund has already been issued and hasn't hit your account yet, but I will follow and verify via PM.

I will admit I was baited into some posts that do not present me in a favorable light.

hm

Hey Branget. I have purchased from u before. Out of Canada right? Rest assured I am a reasonable person. I had a horrible experience with MCS and this thread brought that back up. However several people on here posted things discounting my opinion and calling me a whiner which is not the case and I let it get personal. I take ownership of my actions and have even apologized. Just disappointed in some member's lack of concentration in not reading a post and understanding the point being made or their lack of comprehension.

That be me. I'm just lazy so I went from page 5 to 22. I don't think I missed much. I get heated all the time so I can relate. Have fun. :)

If an online site is out of stock shouldn't it say "out of stock" on the appropriate web page of the site? (shrug)

It does say out of stock, and you can't order something that isn't thought to be in stock. But the point in this situation is that due to an inventory error we thought we had more copies available, but we didn't.

hm

You're posting on the wrong site

pinterest-pinning-c-2-650x0.jpg

lol