• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best purchase of the summer.....

160 posts in this topic

1097071516725_FF16cgc.JPG

I think this book qualifies as my best purchase of the summer. Admittingly, I did flip it (it looked more like a 9.0 to me, and not a strong one at that) and made a tidy bit of $$ in the process, but I at least got to behold that gorgeous Kirby cover in the for a few weeks.

Nice selection Batman Fan! Classic cover on that Mystery Men #3.

This was my biggest purchase of the summer - and my best back issue purchase of the season (Eightball #23 was my favorite purchase over all). It was listed on Ebay with an above guide starting price - when the auction ended I was able to work something out with the seller. An excellent transaction all around.

574229-aw21.jpg

If I had to pick out just one book it would be this one.

FC120.jpg

But really it is the whole lot of early Lulu books that I bought from the same dealer at the Chicago Comic Con for around 75 % of guide 893applaud-thumb.gif

This summer (actually spring), I set out to purchase a enough high grade Silver and Bronze age DC comics to fill a short box. I've been working on it all summer and I'm glad to say that I've almost filled one box. A lot of HOM, HOS, Witching Hour, WWT, Superboy, Batman, etc, etc. Here are just a few of a collection that I'm very proud of. No super "key books", but some really nice stuff (if you like DC that is).

My two Avengers acquisitions from Burntboy rank at the top for the year....but if I limit it stictly to the summer, then I was thrilled with my two Green River books from Greggy! Thanks Greg!

bravebold61lorez.jpg