• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best purchase of the summer.....

160 posts in this topic

I've posted this one once before, but it's still the best purchase I made all summer...and a strong contender for best buy of the YEAR for me!!! cloud9.gif
When I see that book, all I can say is this: http://www.billandted.org/sounds/bj/bjchubby.mp3]Turn' up speakers and click here.
Nice try but my speakers were off and a good thing by the looks of the URL. BJ and Chubby? I don't even want to know.

I've posted this one once before, but it's still the best purchase I made all summer...and a strong contender for best buy of the YEAR for me!!! cloud9.gif

When I see that book, all I can say is this:

]

Nice try but my speakers were off and a good thing by the looks of the URL. BJ and Chubby? I don't even want to know.

Stop worrying. It's a quote from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure 2.

Great books everybody -

rahigh - thanks for posting those Mystery in Space covers - I love seeing DC SA sci-fi covers.

Centaur-man - I covet that All-American #61 - it ties with Adventure #79 as my favorite DC Golden Age cover. Where did you find it?

When I see that book, all I can say is this:

It's one of the most unique 9.2s I own. Drummy thought it was a 9.4 so he re-subbed it but got a 9.2 again. Before I bought it, Lauterbach posted in the forums that he's the one who slabbed it and that it's a 9.4/9.6 copy with one defect knocking it down that you've REALLY got to look closely to see:

Closeup of top edge

It blends in so well with the cover color that I could care less. cloud9.gif Since I'm planning on cutting back my spending since I'm almost done with my Marvel runs, this will probably end up being my best buy of this year AND next year. cloud9.gif

1097071516725_FF16cgc.JPG

I think this book qualifies as my best purchase of the summer. Admittingly, I did flip it (it looked more like a 9.0 to me, and not a strong one at that) and made a tidy bit of $$ in the process, but I at least got to behold that gorgeous Kirby cover in the for a few weeks.

Kreiky 893whatthe.gif and white pages. Look for this book at this grade to fetch over $2,000 a year from now. At one point there was three of them on Comic Link early this year and I passed on all of them. foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

At one point there was three of them on Comic Link early this year and I passed on all of them. foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Which freaked me out! insane.gif There were only one or two copies of #16 on the market in 9.0 or better from 2000 to 2003, and then from November 2003 to about May 2004, BOOM, like ten hit the market. It verified for me the notion that CGC has probably only seen 1/4 to 1/2 of the total volume of great high grade early Silver out there to be had.

I think only about half of the major Silver pedigree'd FFs have been slabbed, so you can chalk up that more are yet to come just counting the unsubmitted pedigrees.

Tough to pick just one book because I have made a number of them that are dear to my heart.

Best high grade purchase. White pages. acclaim.gif

Submariner-8-94.jpg

Best top census purchase (my first ever cloud9.gif lone copy). More white pages. acclaim.gif

SMC34.jpg

Best GA cover and what I think was a steal at $437 and the first 7.0 copy recorded as being sold in GPA. Not too may of these in the census, outstanding Bill Everett cover. A real keeper.

813026001o.jpg

Book probably dearest to my heart, for a number of reasons. First off its a Marvel Comics #4, 1940. This things has an aged smell to it that is intoxicating. Historical cover, first time for the Sub-Mariner, these are hard to come by and even though the cover is shot, its in decent shape otherwise. Marvel's oldest superhero and one of my favorite.

MMC4.jpg