• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best purchase of the summer.....

160 posts in this topic

Silver,

Nice selection of Subby covers you got there. Of all the classic SA cross-over battle covers, that Subby #8 really stands out, and I think you got a great deal on the Atlas Sub-Mariner #33 as well - the best cover of the revival issues ( and not just Subby, but all the Atlas revival covers).

Silver,

Nice selection of Subby covers you got there. Of all the classic SA cross-over battle covers, that Subby #8 really stands out, and I think you got a great deal on the Atlas Sub-Mariner #33 as well - the best cover of the revival issues ( and not just Subby, but all the Atlas revival covers).

Appreciate the props. I was thinking about buying up every Sub-Mariner #8, 9.4 that I could find but then I rather keep buying other great issues like that Atlas copy of issue #33 which I barely outbid the next guy for. I'm going to try and complete the Atlas run in relatively high grade. Now if I could just find a nice Sub-Mariner #1, CGC 9.4. I can't understand why there none currently available. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

greggy's best purchase..........EVER. screwy.gif

614485-wwtoy.JPG

I purchased the larger version later on! blush.gifhail.gifblush.gif

Word on the street Greggy, is that in your case, it was a waste of extra cardboard! poke2.gif

Props to Harry for selling me this beauty. I had been after this first Kraven appearance for awhile, and am very pleased to have acquired the copy from the "Sid's Luncheonette pedigree". Also, this was my first purchase from Doug's most excellent and enjoyable website.

This book deserves better than a 9.0. The spine is immaculate, the book is flat front and back, and the right and bottom edges are excellent. There is very minor ruffling of the top overhangs (front and back), which frankly occurs not infrequently on 9.4 books after they have been slabbed. All in all, a terrific copy of an early Marvel key, with another of the cool Ditko covers showing Spidey in deep trouble.

Without further ado, the Burntboy copy of ASM15:

614581-ASM%2015.jpg

589a8d498588e_614581-ASM15.jpg.f416c633b191947b02d7109585d53179.jpg

Hello everyone.....My best purchase this summer was a decent Amazing Adv. #11-#17 run. Still waiting to get back #11 from the fine folks at CGC. The run was described/purchased as a 9.2/9.4 from a well-known/somewhat infamous Ebay "power seller", but in my humble opinion they fall more into the 8.5/9.0 range. Issue #13 was completely missing the bottom staple, and #17's cover and several interior pages were almost totally detatched from the bottom staple. I'm not person_without_enough_empathying, just stating the facts-but I bought the books because I love them, and thats all that matters.........not the fact that I paid 4x guide for them, but because I f@#%ing LOVE them.

614627-calibos.jpg.c73f092b63ea231e41ba99a668e2f293.jpg