• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best purchase of the summer.....

160 posts in this topic

This was my favorite purchase of the summer. Not terribly expensive, but a nice, clean copy of a book with a superb cover -- and truly, this is the "gift that keeps on giving." 27_laughing.gif

mini-showcase79f.jpg

This was my favorite purchase of the summer. Not terribly expensive, but a nice, clean copy of a book with a superb cover -- and truly, this is the "gift that keeps on giving." 27_laughing.gif

mini-showcase79f.jpg

hail.gif

Fuelman - excellent score in picking up that Daring Mysteries #2 - I've long heard it's the hardest to find Timely. I wouldn't care if it's restored either - It was probably a hell of a lot more affordable that way! Looks great by the way.

mini-showcase79f.jpg

Hmph. Date stamps.

Hmph, I say.

... cloud9.giftakeit.gif That's a NICE copy!!!! I hate you.

mini-showcase79f.jpg

Hmph. Date stamps.

It's a pence stamp, dammit!!! Get it right!!!!!

mini-showcase79f.jpg

Yep, really nice Dolphin cover......I just hope you don't decide.....(drum roll please).....to flip 'er! 27_laughing.gif

Man, I crack myself up sometimes......!

mini-showcase79f.jpg

Yep, really nice Dolphin cover......I just hope you don't decide.....(drum roll please).....to flip 'er! 27_laughing.gif

The sound you hear is the collective groan of the Forum. yeahok.gif

mini-showcase79f.jpg

27_laughing.gif

I thought it was funny. confused-smiley-013.gif

You know, SS. I don't collect them but there is something about the Atlas "Timely" books that really gets to me. Just love them.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif So why aren't I getting them?????

Because they are all mine. stooges.gifinsane.gif I know what you are saying because once I really had a look at them I sold some of my SA keys so I could pick a few of them up. Now I have to complete the run in 7.0 or higher. Issue #33 has my vote as the best superhero cover to come out in the 50's. I can always get those SA keys any time but these will not come around as often. cloud9.gifacclaim.gif So really why are you not buying them?

893applaud-thumb.gif I bought two as well. One for Liz (for her scuba cover collection) and one for me. What do you grade the first one you posted? It looks sweet!

Picked up 2 copies of this book over the summer. I would never have thought of buying them if I had not seen another member post his copy a few months ago.

79.jpg

Thanks, Sterling. I only wish that I could find some more of those "boring" Wrightson HOM's.

Love the cover of that Showcase 79 also. Gotta find one of those!

Well, the kids are out and the wife's working tonight, so I'm sitting here scanning some more books from my summer buying spree. Thought I'd post some more of my purchases. I hope you don't mind. I've always thought that sharing these puppies with you guys makes collecting more fun. If not, they just tend to sit in the closet. So, here goes...