• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sex Criminals - Image

292 posts in this topic

No more Brimpception sex criminals to be graded by CGC?!?!?

No more Brimpception sex criminals to be sold on EBAY?!?!

I may be off, but the most I see coming out of this is CGC not allowing any Signature Series Brimpception books to get done. For that matter what specifically is the fuss about?

When these first came out there were a couple of giveaway recipients that sold their copies on eBay.

I may be off, but the most I see coming out of this is CGC not allowing any Signature Series Brimpception books to get done. For that matter what specifically is the fuss about?

When these first came out there were a couple of giveaway recipients that sold their copies on eBay.

All unsigned copies are copies that were sent to the wrong store and Diamond never followed up on there return. However, the books were to be destroyed.

Signed copies were given away, unsigned copies were not.

All unsigned copies are copies that were sent to the wrong store and Diamond never followed up on there return. However, the books were to be destroyed.

Signed copies were given away, unsigned copies were not.

Gotcha... it makes sense and I get where Chip is coming from. I disagree with the notion though that anyone with an unsigned copy be labeled a thief which is basically what happened with the 9.8 that was up on eBay. Someone called it out to Chip, he complained to eBay/CGC stating that it was "stolen" property and thus the seller took the book down.

I don't think it's right to slander someone publicly before handling the situation directly. Call me naive but I'd lean toward the benefit of the doubt. Whose to say that the seller didn't purchased the book outright, got it slabbed and then decided to test the market?

Just my 2c

No posts since September of 2015?!? Anybody still reading this? It's been on my "to read" pile for some time. Thinking about getting caught up soon.

Wasn't there some TV show talk or something last year too? As funny as this book is, I can't believe the thread fell so far.

He doesn't seem to care for people reselling the books on the secondary market for a profit. Why ? You'd have to ask him.

What is clear to me is that almost any Image book from the past 6-8 months with the exception of Monstress, is available at cover price or less all over the internet. Monstress is not the only Image book worth buying imo.

Ah, I understand what you're saying now. I heard awhile back they were discontinuing retailer variant covers - probably as part of that. I haven't looked into sales data to see how Sex Crims is doing, but was just weird no posts on the thread for like 6 months.

It probably doesn't help that the book has put out only 13 issues in the 31 months since #1 first appeared for sale. Many people seem to think that a sporadic schedule doesn't hurt a book but it sure doesn't seem to help. Other books come out and people lose interest or just don't have the budget for the old and new book that they're reading.

It probably doesn't help that the book has put out only 13 issues in the 31 months since #1 first appeared for sale. Many people seem to think that a sporadic schedule doesn't hurt a book but it sure doesn't seem to help. Other books come out and people lose interest or just don't have the budget for the old and new book that they're reading.

I agree, people are creatures of habit and erratic publication makes it hard for people to "stay tuned."

Plus the writing was far better the first 7 issues than the last 6 or so (haven't read 14 yet)... The novelty is wearing off.