• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOD HATES ASTRONAUTS - Picked up by Image - Oct 9th release!

16 posts in this topic

Is anyone else as excited about this as I am?!! I got the hard cover from the Kickstarter already and its one of my favorite comics of all time. I'll be buying the Image TPB just to support the series into an ongoing.

For anyone that hasn't read it yet, you must pick this up on Oct 9th.

Here are some articles to wet your whistle:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47915

https://www.imagecomics.com/content/view/god-hates-astronauts-touches-down-in-october

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/09/24/image-comics-brings-god-hates-astronauts-to-the-masses

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/03/07/god-hates-astronauts-graphic-novel/1971609/

It seems you aren't alone in your love for this book. It looks good enough that they lured a bunch of heavy hitters from the industry to help with book. I'll give it a try. Some of the characters have a little of the Top10 look that was out several years ago and I loved that book. What else would you compare this to that you like ?

It seems you aren't alone in your love for this book. It looks good enough that they lured a bunch of heavy hitters from the industry to help with book. I'll give it a try. Some of the characters have a little of the Top10 look that was out several years ago and I loved that book. What else would you compare this to that you like ?

I think part of the appeal for me is that I've never read anything quite like it. It's fast paced and funny. Sick humor, pure craziness. Certainly not your typical super hero fare. It's gained a cult following over the years as it was originally self published by creator Ryan Browne in comic format and then more recently a successful kickstarter campaign spawned a collected edition hard cover . I met Ryan Browne through Nick Pitarra at a C2E2 comic con. I was buying a page of original art from Nick and he told me that I had to meet Ryan Browne. He said he absolutely loved this project he was working on called God Hates Astronauts. He also told me that he loved the series so much that he asked Browne to do a commission for him featuring the cast of Manhattan Projects. Long story short, Browne ended up being the fill in artist on MP when the reader goes into the mind of Oppenheimer. He's also the new regular artist on Bedlam. So he's pretty quickly become an up and comer in the industry and I suspect he will be one of the bigger names in the next several years. Plus he's a great guy. I think its worth checking out.

He self published this book for a while, low print run. Just sold it at shows etc. It also ran as a web comic. Then the kickstarter really brought it to more readers attention and Image is just picking it up now. It's coming out by Image as a TPB that collects the first 3 issues, then its going to be an ongoing.

I think part of the appeal for me is that I've never read anything quite like it. It's fast paced and funny. Sick humor, pure craziness. Certainly not your typical super hero fare. It's gained a cult following over the years as it was originally self published by creator Ryan Browne in comic format and then more recently a successful kickstarter campaign spawned a collected edition hard cover . I met Ryan Browne through Nick Pitarra at a C2E2 comic con. I was buying a page of original art from Nick and he told me that I had to meet Ryan Browne. He said he absolutely loved this project he was working on called God Hates Astronauts. He also told me that he loved the series so much that he asked Browne to do a commission for him featuring the cast of Manhattan Projects. Long story short, Browne ended up being the fill in artist on MP when the reader goes into the mind of Oppenheimer. He's also the new regular artist on Bedlam. So he's pretty quickly become an up and comer in the industry and I suspect he will be one of the bigger names in the next several years. Plus he's a great guy. I think its worth checking out.

Cool story. Thanks for the info.

Ryan is a very cool guy, and the Kickstarter was awesome. I'll be interested to see how it fares as an ongoing - to be honest I think it might well be best as a short, one-off slice of madness, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

Comixcroz, which version of the HC did you get? I went for the "God Loves Astronauts" edition.

Browne's artwork has gotten really good. I think he's capable of knocking it out of the park at this stage in the game.

I don't know which version I got. I think it was just the regular edition. I showed my support by purchasing a few pieces of original art.

This commission piece for MP blew me away. (I believe Nick Pitarra still owns this piece)

Pitarra-Pinup-Ryan-Browne_zpsa3a66481.jpg

Browne's artwork has gotten really good. I think he's capable of knocking it out of the park at this stage in the game.

I don't know which version I got. I think it was just the regular edition. I showed my support by purchasing a few pieces of original art.

This commission piece for MP blew me away.

Pitarra-Pinup-Ryan-Browne_zpsa3a66481.jpg

Fantastic !!

Does anyone know when and where Ryan Browne will be next, possible schedule?

Please and thank you

:foryou:

He will be here next month:

http://www.specialeditionnyc.com/Creators/Artist-Alley-List/

Thanks Kid. I hope he can come down a little closer to me though. :( God I hate Florida. :sorry: