• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOTS OF MONSTER BOOKS, Pre-Robin TEC ADDED, RECAP ON PAGE 14

147 posts in this topic

More Fun 52 CGC 1.5 $8500

An unrestored copy of More Fun 52. How many of these do you see coming down the pike? Just 15 of these on the cenus, and once they hit VG they pass into the realm of utter unaffordability.

This is only going on the block because I am pooling some funds for a hefty down payment on a house. The kids are getting bigger and we need some more space. But dammit, I love the Spectre. I love this book. This will hurt.

I suspect this book may be a bit of a sleeper down the road. We may see a resurgence once Guillermo Del Toro gets the Dark JLA movie under way. (He's announced the Spectre as a character in the film.)

Sigh...here's the pic...

MF52_zpsa01deff8.jpg

:o(worship)

Yeah, I know. :cry:

Happy Sunday to you, shrunken.

Wow, I’m not interested in DC, but that first Spectre must have been tough to sell… :o

I'm trying not to overthink it. Actually, I'm trying not to think about it at all. Did I mention I'm failing miserably? :facepalm:

I like to start splashy:

Tales from the Crypt 33 CGC 9.4 SOLD

Ok, anecdote time. This is the first HG slab I ever bought, and I've owned it for many years. It started the crack addiction, yes it did. So if you nab this one, beware. It has mystical properties.

As you can tell by the label, I never resubbed it.

A 9.6 Gaines copy went in auction for $3451. Let's make it an easy 2k for this stunner.

TFTC33_zpsa1333d9b.jpg

Here's a little recap before we go forward:

Page 1

Tales of Suspense 39 CGC 8.0 sig (Stan) $11k

Page 3

Great Comics 3 CGC 3.5 $3300 (price drop) (not pressed!)

Hansi, the Girl Who Loved the Swastika CGC 9.8 $375

Detective Comics #12 CGC 4.5 $2750 (not pressed!)

Panic 7 CGC 9.6 Gaines $600

Page 8

Tales from the Crypt 33 CGC 9.4 2000

Batman 23 CGC 5.0 $750

Page 9

Crime Suspenstories 22 2.5 $550