• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's "Lightning apparently DOES strike twice" Sale. HG Gold, Silver, Bronze.

53 posts in this topic

Captain America Comics # 33 (CGC 8.0 OW). Cookville copy. $5,500. Pressed.

This book was an old label 8.5 at one point. The previous owner thought the book had a shot at 9.0 (and I can't blame him), had it cracked, pressed, and resubbed. CGC rewarded him with a downgrade. I've priced it closer to what a 8.5 would go for, but if it hits 9.0, it becomes a $7k+ type book easy. Who wants to roll the dice? Personally, I'd hope the book is left alone as it is pretty stunning just the way it is. It deserves a nice home in someone's Timely collection.

xX94FSg.jpg

Sold, per PM. :applause:

Now, we're talking. :headbang:

Captain America Comics # 33 (CGC 8.0 OW). Cookville copy. $5,500. Pressed.

This book was an old label 8.5 at one point. The previous owner thought the book had a shot at 9.0 (and I can't blame him), had it cracked, pressed, and resubbed. CGC rewarded him with a downgrade. I've priced it closer to what a 8.5 would go for, but if it hits 9.0, it becomes a $7k+ type book easy. Who wants to roll the dice? Personally, I'd hope the book is left alone as it is pretty stunning just the way it is. It deserves a nice home in someone's Timely collection.

xX94FSg.jpg

Sold, per PM. :applause:

Now, we're talking. :headbang:

Waaaa :(

ASM # 194 (CGC 9.4 White) $150 Pressed.

Another gem from a White paged Copper hoard of unread books I found earlier this year. Man, I need a couple of those every year.

lI6BZ6t.jpg

:takeit:

Dang!

:applause: