• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's "Lightning apparently DOES strike twice" Sale. HG Gold, Silver, Bronze.

53 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Forumites.

About five weeks ago, a direct lightning strike took out the security system in our rental property. The jolt fried the main control panel and melted wiring and plastic pretty much everywhere. $400 later, a new security system is in place.

Earlier this week, the same home took another direct hit, and this time the A/C unit was fried. The writing on the main electronics board can't even be read, the thing is so charred. The fan motor is shot, as well as the compressor. No salvaging this unit, sadly, so there goes another $4,400 out the window. I have a claim in with our insurance company, but I'm never optimistic about things like that.

So, it is with some regret that I have to start a sales thread to help defray some of these unexpected expenses, especially since I am in the middle of paying off a "grail" type book. When it rains, it pours, right?

This thread will run through October, and will feature material that is slowly making its way back from CGC. All books returning from CGC were professionally pressed, but I will notate those that were not, or if they were purchased with no pressing disclosure. Up for sale will be some choice high grade Gold, Silver, Bronze, and even some Copper books, and at some point, I might even decide to put up my high grade Atlas War books.

Shipping is $10 Flat in the US, with Insurance being mandatory on items over $200. I prefer using Fedex Ground now, since I think they offer a far better service then the Post Office, but USPS is also available if you prefer. Paypal is okay, but MOs and Checks are preferred. Time payments may be available on items over $1k, PM me to discuss terms. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Back cover scans are available by request.

Canadian and English buyers, I am happy to sell to you, especially if we have done business before, BUT please understand that the cost of shipping to your location is entirely going to be on you, and that I won't understate the customs value on items because they can't be properly insured that way (and oh, its not legal either).

If you have someone in the states for me to ship to, that's great, but otherwise, the full expense of shipping expensive books abroad is to be born by you.

This morning I am going to be offering up a sample of the type of material that will be coming in the next few weeks. So without further adieu....

Fantastic Four # 3 (CGC 8.5 CRM/OW) $3,750

For me, the real beginning of the Marvel Universe as we know it today. First mention of New York city (not Empire City, as it was called in the first issue). First costumes. First headquarters. Yet, a really lame villain in the Miracle Man. Go figure.

WE8GQQe.jpg

Captain America Comics # 33 (CGC 8.0 OW). Cookville copy. $5,500. Pressed.

This book was an old label 8.5 at one point. The previous owner thought the book had a shot at 9.0 (and I can't blame him), had it cracked, pressed, and resubbed. CGC rewarded him with a downgrade. I've priced it closer to what a 8.5 would go for, but if it hits 9.0, it becomes a $7k+ type book easy. Who wants to roll the dice? Personally, I'd hope the book is left alone as it is pretty stunning just the way it is. It deserves a nice home in someone's Timely collection.

xX94FSg.jpg

Mark Steel (1968) nn (CGC 9.8 OW/W) $500 Pressed.

Not a book you see every day. A rare, promotional book from 1968 that features Neal Adams art. I believe the cover stock is newsprint, so there aren't a lot of them around in high grade, especially not in 9.8.

czzOSzI.jpg

Captain America Comics # 33 (CGC 8.0 OW). Cookville copy. $5,500. Pressed.

This book was an old label 8.5 at one point. The previous owner thought the book had a shot at 9.0 (and I can't blame him), had it cracked, pressed, and resubbed. CGC rewarded him with a downgrade. I've priced it closer to what a 8.5 would go for, but if it hits 9.0, it becomes a $7k+ type book easy. Who wants to roll the dice? Personally, I'd hope the book is left alone as it is pretty stunning just the way it is. It deserves a nice home in someone's Timely collection.

xX94FSg.jpg

:cloud9: very cool book..... wish I had the money for this one. A GA cap America comic my grail.