• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What keeps you from your grail?

85 posts in this topic

Is this really a question? As long as there is one single issue available anywhere in the world, money is the only limiting factor. Like the Million Dollar Man said, everyone has a price. Think of your most treasured comic, you start adding enough Zero's to the number and your giving it up, guaranteed.

Nope.

lol

You're nuts. Of course you would. Only problem is, you're not likely to find anyone with the means to suddenly overpay to the extreme for something you have that would be life-changing. Example, I have a comic worth perhaps 1,000. Bill gates suddenly decides its worth 15 mil to him? Of course I'd sell it. Retire. Buy another copy. Duh.

Factor in the satisfaction you would get from standing between a billionaire and something the billionaire wants. That would be priceless to me because I don't like the way rich people always think they're entitled to everything.

The conversation would go something like this.

Bill Gates: "How much do you want for that book?"

Me: "It's not for sale."

Bill Gates: "I'll give you $30,000 for it."

Me: "I just said it's not for sale."

(Now my integrity is on the line - I can't sell it due to the fact that I drew the proverbial line in the sand.)

Bill Gates: "I'll give you a million dollars for it."

Me: "You billionaires think you're entitled to everything. Go away!"

Bill Gates: "I have enough money to make you disappear, along with any record that you ever existed."

Me: "Here's a nice comic book as a gift for you, Mr. Gates."

But didn't you just offer your Superman #1 for $22K for sale just after you bought it "as a collector" the weekend before?

Are you confusing me with someone else? I've never owned a Superman #1 (or any book in that price range, unfortunately!).

Are you confusing me with someone else? I've never owned a Superman #1 (or any book in that price range, unfortunately!).

Oops, I was. Sorry! :foryou:

:facepalm:

Monty Python.

A rabbit with nasty, big, pointy teeth and a vicious streak a mile wide.

You just need the Holy Hand Grenade, of Antioch.

O Lord...

bless this, thy holy hand grenade.

That it may blow thy enemies to tiny bits... in thy mercy.

I got hung up at Castle Anthrax. I'm good. DON'T RESCUE ME!

lol Sir Robin bravely ran away.

Is this really a question? As long as there is one single issue available anywhere in the world, money is the only limiting factor. Like the Million Dollar Man said, everyone has a price. Think of your most treasured comic, you start adding enough Zero's to the number and your giving it up, guaranteed.

Nope.

lol

You're nuts. Of course you would. Only problem is, you're not likely to find anyone with the means to suddenly overpay to the extreme for something you have that would be life-changing. Example, I have a comic worth perhaps 1,000. Bill gates suddenly decides its worth 15 mil to him? Of course I'd sell it. Retire. Buy another copy. Duh.

Factor in the satisfaction you would get from standing between a billionaire and something the billionaire wants. That would be priceless to me because I don't like the way rich people always think they're entitled to everything.

The conversation would go something like this.

Bill Gates: "How much do you want for that book?"

Me: "It's not for sale."

Bill Gates: "I'll give you $30,000 for it."

Me: "I just said it's not for sale."

(Now my integrity is on the line - I can't sell it due to the fact that I drew the proverbial line in the sand.)

Bill Gates: "I'll give you a million dollars for it."

Me: "You billionaires think you're entitled to everything. Go away!"

Bill Gates: "I have enough money to make you disappear, along with any record that you ever existed."

Me: "Here's a nice comic book as a gift for you, Mr. Gates."

The bolded part above is probably what would happen if the billionaire wanted it bad enough. :eek:

:insane: