• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What keeps you from your grail?

85 posts in this topic

I've already purchased my grail.

There are other books to fill that spot, however.

Money is the only obstacle.

I have not a single "grail", but for the books I am more fond of, it can be a matter of rarity but mostly of perceived price too high.

Even if invented Google or invested in it in 2004 I don’t feel comfortable to keep "freezed" a certain amount of money on a single book, even if I can buy many single books whose amount would total to the cost of a rare or expensive one.

Monty Python.

A rabbit with nasty, big, pointy teeth and a vicious streak a mile wide.

You just need the Holy Hand Grenade, of Antioch.

O Lord...

bless this, thy holy hand grenade.

That it may blow thy enemies to tiny bits... in thy mercy.

I already own most of what I really want, besides full runs where the actual issues would cost anywhere between $5 and a nickel. Now signatures and sketches are what I'm after. I have my LL&R #1, I have my Fantasy Quarterly #1, I have my full set of MAUS, I guess I don't have an Albedo #2 but I doubt I ever will. I'd much rather have Stan sign and sketch my slipcase set.

Monty Python.

A rabbit with nasty, big, pointy teeth and a vicious streak a mile wide.

You just need the Holy Hand Grenade, of Antioch.

O Lord...

bless this, thy holy hand grenade.

That it may blow thy enemies to tiny bits... in thy mercy.

:o PRAYER! :ohnoez:

Mods notified.

:jokealert:

For me it's this guy.

5123-9434_zpse29d977a.gif

For my other grail, I'll have it paid off 5 months early so I should have it in a couple weeks :whee:

Then it will be time to choose a new grail. For that, a combination of time and medical bills will prevent me from getting it.

But...

hqdefault1_zps0c0f5023.jpg

avengers_1_01_zpsc4c4aa72.jpgff1cover_4595_zpsb4a2f855.jpgAmazingSpider-Man1_zps2c575b69.jpg