• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ULTIMATE X-MEN #1 BLUE TARGET VARIANT CGC 9.6 NM+

15 posts in this topic

You know what man? There wouldn't be this much "shuffle" if you and some others would make one post to all of your auction instead of one post for each auction. I have 6 auctions going right now myself, but only one post. It's the polite thing to do. thumbsup2.gif

Hello Oldguy,

I truly am sorry if my posting etiquette is bad. I know I bump my auctions quite a bit, but I like to have fun with my sales and with the people on the board. I also like having a post for each auction as I never know what will appeal to who.Not only that, I put up new auctions at different times which makes it difficult to cover it all in one post. If I were posting on any of the other boards but the marketplace, I could understand your point completely. To me, the point of the marketplace thread is to bring as many eyeballs to your auctions as possible.

At the same time, I am pretty new here. If the rest of you posters belive what I am doing is in bad form please feel free to let me know and it will no longer be a problem. I am here to make a little money selling comics and have some fun doing it. Being annoying would be counter productive to both.

If anything, this post may be more annoying to most of you than anything else...

dicktoe, it's your option, and I haven't seen any rules regarding the issue, but I agree with oldguy. Seeing 6-8 posts by one seller in one day is annoying. Don't get upset though as there are others that do much the same. One post for a particular day's auctions is more like it, even if you have to continually add to it or edit it. Plus, its easier to keep up with the auctions for those that look (like I do).

Just my opinion, which ain't worth much.

p.s. End your frustrations and just send me all your comics.

hehehe

Hello Eredman,

Thank you for your (and oldguy's) input. It's this kind of thing that helps me learn a little and keeps me from being too overzealous.

Although I do bump my auctions a little too much, I obviously went overboard today. From here on I will post them on the day that I launch the auction and bump them on the day that they end. Unless someone asks a question or makes a comment to any one of the particular threads.

I apologize for clogging the works,

Ramona

Please don't take that as a smack-down. Not meant as one at all. Matter of fact, I enjoy the enthusiasm you bring to your posts.

Plus, there are no rules on bumping or the number of posts.

It's just a suggestion, and I do hope you continue to post here and maybe even get into some of the other forums.

There's cat-fights, dog-fights, smack-downs, dirty pics, dirty-tricks and some damned nice covers of old comics. It's a great board with a lot of great people that have taught me much. Wish I had came here BEFORE I got back into comics!

Sorry we went off-topic and ruined your auction thread. I'll move on now!

In fact I appreciate the constructive criticism.

And that's all it is. I don't run this place and my opinion is just that, my opinion. There is no rule that says you can't post all your auctions separately. I think it would actually be less confusing for potential bidders to see everything in one post.

One option (already mentioned) would be to make one post and then update it. You could list individual auctions so people can see what you are selling at a glance and when you post new auctions just use the edit command and list the new auctions at the top of your original post. Then you get the best of both worlds with minimal effort, a bump to the top and attention to your new auctions as well as older auction.

I rarely sell anything, but when I do I like to bring attention to my auctions here because I love dealing with board members. I usually bump my post when it drops off of the first page. That can be every day or every few days depending on traffic here.

I wish you luck with your auctions and thanks for taking my suggestion in the spirit it was meant.

Create one post for all your auctions and bump as often as you like, whether for new items or just plain bumping. Hell, didn't Dice X bump his auction every 3 hours or something? poke2.gif

If you are selling a lot, I think creating a new post every week isn't bad.

I've found the chatter in your posts to be quite funny.

I see both points. It is the marketplace and if you don;t want to read the thread, don;t look at it. Post as much as you like I say. You might get more views. Don;t worry about it.