• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frontline Combat 4 EC, Your USA "a saddists dream" classic -SOTI

16 posts in this topic

Just some of the cooler SOTI books out there.

Payment via paypal

Shipping $20 for the slab , $15 for the raw book in North America

Free shipping in north America ...

This guy is King ... :takeit:

Shipping is from Canada

Thanks for looking

Thor

=====

Frontline combat #4

4.5-5.0

Scan looks better than it is.

The best story of the run and a great SOTI book !

$60

FLCF_zps536d44bb.jpg

FLCB_zps628fa2b1.jpg

Hopalong Cassidy & the Mad Barber

CGC 8.0

Nice and high in the census

Maybe one of the hardest books to get in the whole SOTI run.

Still not sure why this is just an 8.0

$100

HpalongcasidymadbarberNNfront_zps6388da3b.jpg

HpalongcasidymadbarberNNback_zps35713e0e.jpg

"Airburst" Story was Kurtzman's All-Time Favorite,

H.Kurtzman Cover & Art W.Wood J.Severin B.Elder J.Davis Art

maybe one of the best books out there IMO

From Soti ......

“Sometimes the publisher’s name on the comic book and the name and contents of the book show a ludicrous discrepancy. For instance, one of the 1952 crop has on its first page a horrible picture of a man shot in the stomach, with a face of agonized pain, and such dialogue as: You know as well as I do that any water he’d drink’d pour right out of his gut! It’d be murder! The name of the publisher is: Tiny Tots Comics, Inc.”

FLCpic_zpsa6b25064.jpg

Spook 24..

G. 2.0

sold !!! :applause:

SOTI perfection

“Typical masochist fantasies that could be straight out of Sacher Masoch are offered to little boys and girls by the comic-book industry. In one story a baroness has two male slaves. They ‘obey her every whim while she lorded it over them with a savage tyranny!’ The accompanying picture shows the baroness, whip in hand. She talks about forcing a man ‘to come to me on his knees’ and speaks of him as ‘my willing slave.’ In one scene which might be from a case history by Krafft-Ebing you see her whipping a man who is crouched on the floor: ‘So! You dare to kiss me, do you, you dog? Take that! And that!’”

spookf_zps6e2fa8dd.jpg

spookb_zps8d400462.jpg

spooksotipage_zps9e61b43e.jpg

free with 1st purchase..gone and sold :)

:acclaim:

Martin Kane... Fair

On page 160 of the SOTI, Wertham cites this story, and the associated price list, as an example of the deleterious lessons that crime comics teach children. I have included a scan of the page from Martin Kane #4 that contains the price list referenced by Wertham.

Broken Leg or arm... $19

Full Job $100 ....

CLASSIC !!

Kanef_zps0823fa07.jpg

martinkanepic_zps79d8c7cf.jpg

A beautiful Crime and Punishment 3

Fine copy with great color

sold :golfclap:

“In a run-of-the-mill crime comic a man with brass knuckles hits another man (held fast by a third man) in the eyes, one after the other. Dialogue: ‘Now his other glimmer, Pete! Only sort of twist the knuckles this time!’”

The example cited by Wertham comes from the story “Joe Bologna” contained in Crime and Punishment 3.

crimeandpunfr_zps5affbe61.jpg

crimeandpunback_zpsbbe01516.jpg

crimeandpuninj_zpsdd0ac94b.jpg

Your United States....

Classic SOTI Book

Excellent copy . the only thing bringing it down are some printing tears on the inside pages. 7.0 copy

(from SOTI "although on bad paper and as smudgily printed as the others")

Wonderful cover stamp

"Given to each school child by Fred Danner Member of the Akron School Board from 1943-1947"

$100 shipped

text on pages 309-310.

“Among other good comic books are those that teach history. Typical is one called Your United States. It devotes one page to each state and, although on bad paper and as smudgily printed as the others, it really contains some instructive information. But practically every state, although it gets only one page, has a scene of violence; if one doesn’t, that is made up for in other states where there are two or three such scenes.

For instance, a man hanged from a tree by a vigilance committee; Negroes in chains; corpses and dying men; a girl tied to a tree, her bound wrists above her head, her skirt blowing up in the wind with a coy facial expression of fright as in a sadist’s dream; a girl about to raped or massacred. Is that what you want your children to think is the history of “Your United States?”

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

yourusafr_zpsa8e46dfd.jpg

yourusaB_zpsc85c1018.jpg

YOURUSApic_zpsa5b30f5f.jpg

Phenomenal thread! Nice job putting together the quotes and pages Wertham cited.

SOTI_Guy_Stamp_zps52449cb3.jpg

If I didn't have these, you know I'd be all over them. I especially like that Your United States. The surprint version is really tough to come by!

GLWTS, Thor!

Thanks Steven !

I am surprised the your inited states has not moved either..tough book to find with the surprint !