• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Couple of questions about this Star Wars #1

10 posts in this topic

1) disagree - maybe slightly better

2) yes - only $12 and a 4 month wait

3) once slabbed, about $450? (my thoughts on value, not offer...sorry)

Thanks Darth. So in your opinion if I got this slabbed it would have a better chance of getting $450? Or will it not make a difference? Thanks in advance.

1. My opinion is this is a 6.0 Agree or Disagree?

2. Is this worth submitting?

3. Anyone want to make an offer?

4. Any guesses as to what this would go for on ebay?

Thanks Star Wars #1

1. A little higher

2. Yes. I would do onsite if you can get away with it to take advantage of the holidays.

3. Not really

4. $450-600

Thanks Darth. So in your opinion if I got this slabbed it would have a better chance of getting $450? Or will it not make a difference? Thanks in advance.

With this book, slabbed will probably get you the result you are looking for. Unless you overgrade it when listing, raw mid grade copies of this book will rarely get the premium you want because folks will always second guess your grading vs. seeing a big number on the CGC label.

Also I have to apologize about my number 2 suggestion. Donut was right about taking advantage of onsite grading but was not sure if you were going to make it to a show (Dallas Wizard World, Big apple Con in NYC?) with the onsite grading available. Selling this during the holiday season will definitely increase its potential. Good luck.

Grading will be more than $14 on this...doesn't meet the modern criteria for market value. I'm sure they will bump you up to a standard, so you'd have it back in a month or so.

I'd have it in the mail to CGC immediately.

Grading will be more than $14 on this...doesn't meet the modern criteria for market value. I'm sure they will bump you up to a standard, so you'd have it back in a month or so.

Why would they do that? The book doesn't even guide out at $100.

This looks to be a legit $0.35 variant - others in the thread have put its market value at $400+ as a ~6.0. CGC says they use 'market' as their criteria, not "guide".

I agree, though, in a sense. I'd probably sumbit it as a modern and let CGC decide if it needs to be a standard.

Why would they do that? The book doesn't even guide out at $100.