• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday October 20

33 posts in this topic

show was not good for bargain books, which is my focus. Only one dealer had 50 cent books, most of my buys were from those boxes. The other bargain boxes were $1 or higher. Did find a few decent items, but no real steals. Got a Solar: Man of the Atom #60 (last issue) for $1 and a few Vertigo Platinum books, two of the Extremist #1 Platinum for 50 cents each and a Swamp Thing #140 Platinum for $1. Also picked up a stack of high grade Thing #1 from 1983 for 50 cents each. Found a copy of Death Rattle #8 (1st Xenozoic Tales) in a dollar box, but it was beat to death, so I couldn't bring myself to buy it. The dealers seemed pleasantly surprised that people were buying at a brisk pace and if you were looking for high dollar books, they were there to be had.

I definitely had some good pickups today.

Right when I got there I went table to table buying an VF or higher Harley Quinn #3.

My highlight pick ups were definitely Captain Britain #1 (with the mask) and 8.

And I had to finally get New Mutants Annual #2 because it's the first time I finally saw it at a con since I started looking 4-5 ago. I also got TWD #19, 27, 53, and 92, Fantastic Four #45 (low grade), X-Men #14 (very low grade), and Nova #1. The FF and X-Men was from a Pottstown area shop that was selling everything for 50% off his prices.

And Captain America #186! Finally!!! I went to every table last time and no one had any.

:hi:

based on the books you listed I think I briefly met you today. I was the guy talking to Carl Klein when you came over to show him your books. You gave me your raffle tickets. (thumbs u

Right when I got there I went table to table buying an VF or higher Harley Quinn #3.

And I had to finally get New Mutants Annual #2 because it's the first time I finally saw it at a con since I started looking 4-5 ago. I also got TWD #19, 27, 53, and 92, Fantastic Four #45 (low grade), X-Men #14 (very low grade), and Nova #1. The FF and X-Men was from a Pottstown area shop that was selling everything for 50% off his prices.

And Captain America #186! Finally!!! I went to every table last time and no one had any.

based on the books you listed I think I briefly met you today. I was the guy talking to Carl Klein when you came over to show him your books. You gave me your raffle tickets. (thumbs u

Yeah. That was me hah.

Carl always has a good set up whenever he does set up. I don't know how he stays on top of everything because he said a few months ago he isn't on any forum. His wall yesterday was everything I wanted. I picked up a NM Annual #2 from him, but ran out of money before getting the Hulk Annual #5s he had for $20 each.

I was so hyped getting those Captain Britain issues. Every dealer I went to instantly cut the price before even asking. I loved it. The only downside is I spent a few hundred dollars and only have until November 17 to recuperate.

Yeah. That was me hah.

Carl always has a good set up whenever he does set up. I don't know how he stays on top of everything because he said a few months ago he isn't on any forum. His wall yesterday was everything I wanted. I picked up a NM Annual #2 from him, but ran out of money before getting the Hulk Annual #5s he had for $20 each.

I was so hyped getting those Captain Britain issues. Every dealer I went to instantly cut the price before even asking. I loved it. The only downside is I spent a few hundred dollars and only have until November 17 to recuperate.

Carl is awesome. I love talking to him about comics. He's a good person. (thumbs u

He lurks on different forums, but just doesn't actively participate. When word spreads about hot comics he's reading it. But his biggest strength is willing to dig at shows. He gets in early and searches every box looking for dealer misses. He works hard for the stuff he gets.

I bought a handful of $5 books from him, including 2 NM Annual #2's as well. lol

Don't know how I missed taco. I was there set up, had a pretty good show. Lots of dollar book sales, not many people looking for hg. Sold a few nice keys though, and of course hanging with foolkiller, red fury, captain jack, ponsetti, and al from basement. I guess I should create a banner as I would love to meet more forum members.

Don't know how I missed taco. I was there set up, had a pretty good show. Lots of dollar book sales, not many people looking for hg. Sold a few nice keys though, and of course hanging with foolkiller, red fury, captain jack, ponsetti, and al from basement. I guess I should create a banner as I would love to meet more forum members.

I was wearing a bright red Liverpool jersey. What set up were you? This time I missed the complete left hand side right when you walk in.

Pretty good show, picked up a couple books only.

Highlights

Avengers 55

Next men 21

Walking dead 92 for $20 great deal

Really wasn't able to get a big book today, was looking at a couple a little to pricey though.

I hate having my phone with me because I will sit and check eBay for recent sales, wanted a nice VF copy of a silver age 1st appearnce of a villain such as #234 two face. Wasn't able to get one though, some beater copies out there.

Still kicking myself for not getting that ironman #1,

Highlights from dealers

Dude from basement comics from Maryland had some really nice books and was really friendly sat and talked to him for a way. The dealer from Pottstown had crazy low prices mostly 50% off what his sticker prices were.

Nice seeing Taco down there he had some great pickups like that captain Britain. Was hoping to see some other boardies but no one there

That's it

Jim

There were several boardies there. Red Fury left around noon, Foolkiller and I were there until around 1:30, ComicJack was still there when I left. And The Resurrection was setup