• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Circle Sorcery #7

29 posts in this topic

Well I called for the graders notes.

kinda harsh.

light spine stress

bends on edges

1/4" corner crease bottom left back cover.

8.5 pre-grade

8.5 grader

8.5 grader

9.2 grader

I haven't picked up the books yet from the po, so I need compare to the notes.

okay, i can see the light spine stress, i'm about 75% agreeing with the edge bends. but if that is a real live bona-fide corner crease...my goodness, what would a 9.6 look like? you couldn't pick it up without slicing your hands to ribbons on the corners...

i'm pretty tough with grades, but that certainly - and i can't get a feel for gloss or colour density, especially considering the 72dpi screen resolution of my monitor - seems a bit low. to me.

sorry about the low score

kinda harsh.

light spine stress

bends on edges

8.5 pre-grade

8.5 grader

8.5 grader

9.2 grader

Well Death, I see the crease now that someone has pointed it out to me - perhaps you missed it. Technically, a 1/4" color breaking crease does bring the book down to an 8.5. 1/8" would have got you a 9.0 and 1/16" is allowable on even a 9.4.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well Death, I see the crease now that someone has pointed it out to me - perhaps you missed it. Technically, a 1/4" color breaking crease does bring the book down to an 8.5. 1/8" would have got you a 9.0 and 1/16" is allowable on even a 9.4.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, as I said I don't have the book, so I can't examine it. Technically though it is not color breaking considering the corner is all white, no color to break.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, as I said I don't have the book, so I can't examine it. Technically though it is not color breaking considering the corner is all white, no color to break.

White is a color, and a crease is a crease sumo.gifI've heard that argument before.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

White is a color, and a crease is a crease sumo.gifI've heard that argument before.

By that logic then every crease is color breaking if you can see it, right?

kinda harsh.

light spine stress

bends on edges

8.5 pre-grade

8.5 grader

8.5 grader

9.2 grader

I'm glad to see someone knows how to grade. 27_laughing.gif