• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All things Hobgoblin
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Woohoo!!! A hobgoblin thread! He was THE spidey villain when I first started reading comics, and he's always been one of my favorite baddies. I'm probably in the minority here, but I like what Ramos did with the Phil Urich version, including the bat wings and big flippin flame sword. Visually, a very cool representation of the character, IMO.

yuck to all things Ramos. The best thing he ever did was get OFF the title.

:grin:

I figure that's how most people feel about Ramos. Tbh, I really didn't like his art at first, but over time it grew on me a little. His cartoony style works for Spidey. That being said, he wouldn't crack my list of top artists to work on ASM, that's for sure.

Got this yesterday from Marmat! Italian printing.

I'm going to have Romita Sr and Jr sign this one at FSC2014 in July.

Upper right white spot is on the bag and the bottom is just scanned weird.

EHG67akl.jpg

Original art? I would love to see them, please post some if you can.

I too enjoy the Hobgoblin issues, as like many others that have posted these are some of the comics that got me hooked! I first started buying comics when #316 hit the stands but the Hobgoblin issues were some of my very first back issues to get.

I never got a #238 until about 10 years ago ( which I do not have anymore...so sad, I have had many graded copies over the last 10 years though. A 9.8, 4 9.6's and a 9.4) At my local shop they had a #238 on the wall for a few weeks, a very small shop. I think it was $20 or $30 could be off a little, that was a lot of money to me in '89. I was 13 or so.

I bought my #238 CGC 9.8 White for $475 5-6 years ago and when I auctioned it off on ebay roughly 4 years ago it only got $315. I was real bummed. Still don't understand the price. At the time completed listing were still showing 9.8 copies selling for $425-$500!?!?

But again, I LOVE THE HOBGOBLIN!! I think I like him more then the Green Goblin.......

Had this sitting in a stack of 4 238s. Subbed them all and surprised as hell that it came back with the Canadian Edition annotation on the label. Didnt even notice it raw.

Scan-130307-0023_zps3067752c.jpg

Sweet book!

Had this sitting in a stack of 4 238s. Subbed them all and surprised as hell that it came back with the Canadian Edition annotation on the label. Didnt even notice it raw.

Is the only difference the 75 cent price?

I am surprised as well. From what I've seen, if you don't note things like that on the submission form, CGC doesn't usually notice, either.