• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you handle un-slabed Pedigrees?

8 posts in this topic

I'm not one to submit my books in for grading, which is why I always buy slabbed when it comes to high grades. I recently bought (overpaid) for a book that was a raw 9.6 which so happened to have been a pedigree. I didn't realize it was raw until after I made my bid so I had to man up and just live with the mistake if I had won the auction (which I did).

In any case, I may decide to send it in for slabbing one day as it is indeed a very nice book. Condition wise, its better than some of the slabbed 9.6s I have. The problem is, how do I retain the pedigree status? There's no cert provided. All I have is sticker on the mylar bag. I can't imagine this is enough proof to authenticate this is the correct book.

http://www.angelfire.com/ct2/Jarhead/conan19.htm

I've subbed raw peds with a copy of a Metro, CC, HA, and Worldwide site posting that I purchased from along with a copy of that corresponding purchase invoice. A few of those were Suscha News and they were labeled as such when graded.

I've subbed raw peds with a copy of a Metro, CC, HA, and Worldwide site posting that I purchased from along with a copy of that corresponding purchase invoice. A few of those were Suscha News and they were labeled as such when graded.

I had the same experience with Twin Cities raws I bought from HA. Just submit the invoices with the books and you should be good to go.

Wow. Just the invoice? I guess I better check the box to make I haven't chucked it out yet.

Isn't there a way then can tell though? I thought I'd heard a story of someone who submitted a stack of random raw books and some came back Pedigree to their surprise.

Some pedigrees have distinguishing qualities - unique date stamps, writing, smells, and feels.

Others need some proof. Usually a paper trail of buying the book from a reputable source is enough. Other times you may need to prove the book came from the Original Owner.