• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man #2

8 posts in this topic

The chipping is Marvel Chipping, so it's a production defect.

Defects I can see

FC

Marvel Chipping

Loss of color (Spidey's reds) in the price box

Definite sun shadow. Follows down the spine, the bottom edge up the right edge

Slight wear on the top and bottom edges

BC

Not sure of the term. Not miswrap, but the staple placement looks...strange. One is flat the other turned out

I hope it's a dust shadow, bc CGC will dock the grade a lot for a sunshadow. On the BC it goes the entire length of the BC border.

Given that, I want to be optimistic and say 8.0, given the marvel chipping and the shadows. My gut says 7.5

In my opinion:

Not sure on the "loss of color", just in the box? Unlikely.

Not sure about the "sun shadow" as well, unless you mean tanning: this book has tanning around the edges, which – yes – partly causes downgrading, but book is nice.

The staple placement is just fine: there are way more off-lined staple placements in Silver Age Marvels.

Said that, I trust a VF as well (maybe a VF+), but might be a bit less as you said. :)

hi thanks for all the information

yes i forgot about the tanning.

i do have an ASM 28 8.5 and it has some color break on spine and more chipping on top and bottom than this one and yes it does have about equal tanning on back and a 1 inch ink stain at top edge. 1 inch wide by 1/16th thick. and the spine corners have more chipping and blunting (small).

i thought this ASM 2 looked better than my graded 8.5. better corners at least.

i can only conclude you guys are quite accurate and that is MUCHO appreciated. i was guessing this would have crept into the 9.0. As i tried to compare to my ASM 50 9.0 which i no longer have (just pics only .....cry).

thumbs way up!!!