• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore 2005

43 posts in this topic

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Cards, Comics, & Collectibles

(410) 526-7410

cardscomicscollectibles@yahoo.com

BALTIMORE COMIC-CON ANNOUNCES 2005 DATES

Fan-Favorite Convention to Be Held on September 17 & 18, 2005

BALTIMORE, MD -- Organizer Marc Nathan has announced that the sixth annual Baltimore Comic-Con will be held on September 17 & 18, 2005, at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD.

"Since its debut in 2000, the Baltimore Comic-Con has continued to see a considerable increase in fan turnout each and every year," said Nathan. "In

fact, we saw our attendance for 2004 double in size from the previous year, thanks in part to the many retailers, creators, and companies who continued to show their support for the show. Needless to say, my wonderful wife, Bonnie, and I hope to draw even more fans in 2005, and are looking forward to once again celebrating the comic book medium next fall."

In regards to the 2004 edition of the show, the Baltimore Comic-Con successfully played host to countless retailers and special industry guests during the weekend of September 11. It was also attended by a number of industry vendors and organizations, including: About Comics, A.C.T.O.R., AdHouse Books, Arcana Studio, CCC Promotions, Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, Crusade Entertainment, Dark Horse Comics, Decipher, Del Rey/Random House, Devil's Due Publishing, Diamond Comic Distributors, Diamond Select Toys and Collectibles, DreamWorks, Dynamic Forces, E. Gerber Products, Gaijin Studios, Gemstone Publishing, Graymatter Images, Inkworks, Insight Studios, Krause Publications, IDW Publishing, LaserMach, Mecca Comics Group, Palisades Toys, Rorschach Studios, Skydog Press, and Waldenbooks, among others.

"At the same time, this year's Baltimore Comic-Con also provided us with another chance to show off the appeal of Charm City," Nathan continued. "In my mind, there is nothing more beautiful than Baltimore's Inner Harbor in September; the area at this time of year makes a wonderful backdrop for our show. If you look at all the various comics conventions held throughout the year, few are lucky enough to be based in such a lovely city. Sure, San Diego in July comes close, but there's just nothing like Baltimore in late summer -- a fact attendees will discover for themselves when they come to next year's show."

First launched in 2000 by Reisterstown, MD, businessman Marc Nathan, the BALTIMORE COMIC-CON was created to honor and celebrate the comic book medium, as well as the many individuals who have advanced it for more than a century. The Baltimore Comic-Con has since become one of the fastest-growing comic book conventions in the nation, and one of the few that proudly maintains its focus on comics and related collectibles. For more information, please visit the show's website at Baltimore Comicon.

y'know FD the only problem is that now Wiz. World Boston is in two weeks. Although I'll probably go again to Baltimore, there's a good chance now I'll have to choose -- and since I've been to B-More before, it might be time for a change.

Or hell, I'll just go to both -- there almost seems to be too many popping up, but none in Dec. or Jan (major cons) -- that's probably coming next.

Looking over the Comic Book Conventions schedule for 2005 I noticed that there is a Big Apple show scheduled for the same weekend.

Aren't there a bunch of dealers that do both shows on a regular basis? Or is this not a concern? confused-smiley-013.gif

Baltimore is one of my favorite shows of the year behind Wizard World Philly. Although, my plan this year is to spend much less time at the show, and more time just sort of hanging out. Perhaps I'll even get a sketch or two this go around...

I am thinking about it. My wife's best friend is a researcher at the national lab and lives in Washington. We have bandied the idea around.

Right now it is just a little early for us to make plans but we have an eye on it.

Have they announced whether CGC is doing on-site at this show?

i'm 99% sure they ain't... 27_laughing.gif

just kidding

I am thinking about it. My wife's best friend is a researcher at the national lab and lives in Washington. We have bandied the idea around.

Right now it is just a little early for us to make plans but we have an eye on it.

Arex,

My daughter lives in DC, and my wife and I are making a special trip up just to see her that weekend devil.gif. I'm planning on driving (? — anyboby know a better way from DC to Baltimore? I know the Metro doesn't go there, but what about the train? Or is it best just to drive?), up to Baltimore and spending the day on Saturday, so if you plan to go, maybe we could get together and go together.

— Rick

Arex,

My daughter lives in DC, and my wife and I are making a special trip up just to see her that weekend devil.gif. I'm planning on driving (? — anyboby know a better way from DC to Baltimore? I know the Metro doesn't go there, but what about the train? Or is it best just to drive?), up to Baltimore and spending the day on Saturday, so if you plan to go, maybe we could get together and go together.

— Rick

Rick, good idea. Let me see what is going on closer to time and we can plan from there. I think that car-pooling would be the way to go.

Arex,

— Rick

You can take Amtrak from downtown DC at Union Station to Baltimore. The convention is at the Baltimore Convention Center, which is right downtown in the Inner Harbor, close to the Baltimore metro. The drive from DC to Baltimore is about 45 minutes, its probably easier to drive.