• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They really need a CGC Graded comic price guide.

5 posts in this topic

CGC is technically a separate collection on its own. I get tired of buyers saying things like "I can buy this in raw 9.4 all day long for less" "I respond "then buy them all day long, and then submit them and hope it's a 9.4 (or whatever grade they whine about)

Raw is not the same as CGC graded.

I did my complaining for the day... thanks lol

someone will come by and solve all your problems very soon

CGC is technically a separate collection on its own. I get tired of buyers saying things like "I can buy this in raw 9.4 all day long for less" "I respond "then buy them all day long, and then submit them and hope it's a 9.4 (or whatever grade they whine about)

Raw is not the same as CGC graded.

I did my complaining for the day... thanks lol

In my experience, sometimes the raw is better, sometimes the raw is worse. It all depends on the dealer selling the comic and how tightly they grade. I have a DC Comics Presents 26 sitting in a CGC 9.6 holder that looks like a 9.2 or worse that was graded last year. I have 2 DC Comics Presents 26 raw that were sold to me as NM that are easily in better condition.

CGCs grading has definitely gone downhill in the past few years, sometimes shockingly so. I suspect that has a lot to do with where we are in the cycle for graded comics with many graded comics being resubmitted to get a higher grade. Read the thread on the Cole Shave collection and it is pretty obvious.

5 years ago, I would have agreed with you. Today, not so much.

I joke that eventually every book that CGC grades will receive a 9.6 or better. It keeps their customers happy.

Buy the book, not the label.