• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blank Sketch Covers - non milestone issues

5 posts in this topic

I can see issuing them for issue # 1, 100, etc.

However, I've been noticing a lot of blank sketch covers for issue numbers that do not seem to have any milestone significance (i.e., Amazing Spider-Man # 648, Walking Dead # 109, X-Men # 7, etc).

Any reason why?

Thanks.

Cheers!

N. .

I can see issuing them for issue # 1, 100, etc.

However, I've been noticing a lot of blank sketch covers for issue numbers that do not seem to have any milestone significance (i.e., Amazing Spider-Man # 648, Walking Dead # 109, X-Men # 7, etc).

Any reason why?

Thanks.

Cheers!

N. .

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm sure Marvel and DC could print blank sketch covers every single month, (i.e., 2,000 blanks each month), for their best selling titles and sell out. There is no additional fee to pay an artist for a variant cover so obviously they are making $.

Right now, the blank covers are released periodically. It seems random.

Anyone else have an explanation? Perhaps a comic retailer with some insight?

Thanks.

Cheers!

N.

They release them in time for major cons it seems. They know that meet and greet and sketches and signatures are a great way to promote the product and this encourages it.