• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waiting on an Economy order

5 posts in this topic

Why is my order stuck in the encapsulation room?!

Just wondering if anyone has submitted an Economy order after June 12, 2013? I just submitted one book around then and it has sat in Graded status for 5 weeks. I also submitted a Modern tier at the same time and it shipped back to me 5 weeks ago. And then I submitted another Modern tier order around July 24 and it has been moved to Quality Control already. It doesn't seem like that July 24 order should have been encapsulated before the June 12 order since they are about the same wait times. I've called and been assured by CGC that everything is fine but something seems amiss. Thanks for your help!

See more journals by Thecollector22

There can be a number of reasons why it is taking longer for that invoice.

I had a Marvel Graphic Novel being done once right alongside some Modern invoices and the Graphic novel went into Graded status 2 weeks before the other Modern invoices but the. Moderns went all the way back into my hands while the Graphic Novel stayed in Graded status.

I waited 3 more weeks with no change and finally called them about it.

The reason they gave?

They were so busy catching up backlog on regular comics that they just hadn't taken the time to change any of their encapsulation machines over to do the magazine size cases. It's a process that takes a bit to do and they just hadn't gotten around to it.

But once I called them, they immediately got it done and I had it in my hands 3 days later!!

So don't underestimate the power of calling them and pointing things out. A lot of times it gets the ball rolling on something you really feel should be done.

Thanks for the info!

It's just weird that I submitted a Modern and an Economy on the same day and the Modern book came back 5 weeks ago and the Economy has sat in graded status for 5 weeks with no movement.

I've called them a few times and they always just say that it's still in the encapsulation room and waiting to be sealed up. They even went into the room and physically checked on the book.

I definitely don't think that a Modern invoice that I submitted mid-July should not have been encapsulated before this Economy invoice.

I would also have to assume and assume only that all the new graders were trained on modern books. The economy tier is for older books. I'm fussing they have less graders for those.