• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants 98 the Modern 'Hulk 181'??

68 posts in this topic

So the first appearance of Harley Quinn would be the animated cel of the cartoon episode she was in? Ok.

By the way Transformers #1 came out months before the cartoon debuted.

ah, but the TF toys predated the comic by quite awhile. ;)

Actually no they didn't. The toys made their debut at toy fair in February 1984. The mass public first got a glimpse of the brand Transformers in Marvel Age 17 which came out in March 1984. Transformers 1 came out on May 8th 1984. The toys started showing up on toy store shelves in spring of 1984. (Late April/early May)

I think this bit of information needs to be highlighted, since I believe Transformers #1 is still undervalued because people assume the toys came much earlier.

So the first appearance of Harley Quinn would be the animated cel of the cartoon episode she was in? Ok.

Actually no they didn't. The toys made their debut at toy fair in February 1984. The mass public first got a glimpse of the brand Transformers in Marvel Age 17 which came out in March 1984. Transformers 1 came out on May 8th 1984. The toys started showing up on toy store shelves in spring of 1984. (Late April/early May)

I think this bit of information needs to be highlighted, since I believe Transformers #1 is still undervalued because people assume the toys came much earlier.

The value is what it is because its significance as a comic book is rather nil IMO. Simply because Hasbro went to some creative guys who who had worked on comic books in the past to come up with a back story for their new toy line does not make it a "comic book property". What it does make it is an example of ingenious corporate synergizing. (thumbs u

-J.

The value is what it is because its significance as a comic book is rather nil IMO. Simply because Hasbro went to some creative guys who who had worked on comic books in the past to come up with a back story for their new toy line does not make it a "comic book property". What it does make it is an example of ingenious corporate synergizing. (thumbs u

-J.

This is seriously why JayDog's opinions should be taken with a grain of salt . . .

-J.

This is seriously why JayDog's opinions should be taken with a grain of salt . . .

Your point? (shrug)lol

-J.