• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russ Heath cover Survivor Series Nomination Thread

131 posts in this topic

:hi: everyone!

I've run a number of Survivor Series in the past, and for those that don't know, it's a contest to determine the best book that has been nominated. How do we determine this? By voting off your least favorite books, similar to the TV show "Survivor".

This is the nomination thread for the Survivor Series.

After the tragic news of Joe Kubert's death, we did a Joe Kubert Survivor Series, earlier this year. It was a great tribute to a fallen hero.

With this contest, we have another absolute master of the pencil, Russ Heath. We are so fortunate to have Russ Heath with us today, and with any luck, he can follow along as the rounds progress. :wishluck:

My goal is to get you all to post your favorite Russ Heath covers from any title, any age, and any genre. No restrictions!

Your choice can be a well-known classic cover, one you feel is classic, or perhaps one you think is superbly done. Really, just any cover that you like very much. We are eventually looking for the best of the best, so please keep that in mind when posting the books that you'd like to nominate. I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but try to select what you would consider to be really nice/cool.

I will accept all covers posted to this thread, as long as they are drawn by Russ Heath. After we get enough nominations, we can then have my "Survivor Series", to determine the greatest Russ Heath cover of all time. Most of my past Survivor Series had over 100 nominations. I'm hoping for that many again, so don't be shy and get posting. (thumbs u

If you need to see what some of the covers look like, there are many great sites that showcase covers. Here are two sites: right here and here. I'm not sure if you can sort by artist or not, but give it a shot.

:baiting: Let's get to it, everyone! Let's see some beautiful Russ Heath covers!! :applause:

Andy

A must

pheD5TH.jpg

the angles, the perspective, having it all come at the viewer at an angle to still allow for depth and contrast....

I really do view this as the perfect "dog fight" cover of all dog-fight covers....

he even captures the "never say die" attitude with the pilot continuing to shoot (with his sidearm) at the enemy...

Can we post more than one "favourite"?

(thumbs u YES !! Definately !! This is the collection thread. thirdgreenham will take all books offered up here into a new thread which will be the "voting" thread. So post as many as you think have a shot at champ