• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmackDown: Flaming Carrot vs. Doctor Doom

8 posts in this topic

was about to reply to the cool Bob Burden post.... where did it go???

who posted it?

Restructured some photobucket links. It was easier at the time to remove the post since no one had replied anyway.

Here are the images I posted..

HC_LE_FlamingCarrot_Man_of_Myste-3.jpg

HC_LE_FlamingCarrot_Man_of_Myste-2.jpg

I had mentioned that if i see Bob anytime soon I'd mention the Doom piece above to him. I run into him occasionally since he lives inbetween where I live and where I work.

DG

who posted it?

Restructured some photobucket links. It was easier at the time to remove the post since no one had replied anyway.

I had mentioned that if i see Bob anytime soon I'd mention the Doom piece above to him. I run into him occasionally since he lives inbetween where I live and where I work.

DG

Thanks DG!

I apologize for the delay. Occasionally, I'll see a post but I'm not at my own desktop at the time. Pretty cool to be on a first name basis with Bob Burden- Thanks for sharing the original art from the Collected Volume #1! I love the no-nonsense straightforwardness of the line-work!

-Michael

who posted it?

DG

Thanks DG!

I apologize for the delay. Occasionally, I'll see a post but I'm not at my own desktop at the time. Pretty cool to be on a first name basis with Bob Burden- Thanks for sharing the original art from the Collected Volume #1! I love the no-nonsense straightforwardness of the line-work!

-Michael

I met Bob through another board member and his wife. As fate would have it, we had mutual friends going back to the late 70's, but our paths never actually crossed until about 1995. I owned Visions #3 which was a free convention giveaway, but had no idea that it was collectible until the 90's. People used to talk about him and I'd say "Who?" They'd say "C'mon... he was just in here last week! He's a local artist. You have to know him." I'd just say "Sorry... I have no idea who you are talking about."

One of the last times I saw him he introduced me to Lamar Waldron who published his early work in Visions magazine. That was a cool conversation.

Here's a picture of Bob in 2010..

20100904_Dragoncon_pic008.jpg

DG

I met Bob through another board member and his wife. As fate would have it, we had mutual friends going back to the late 70's, but our paths never actually crossed until about 1995. I owned Visions #3 which was a free convention giveaway, but had no idea that it was collectible until the 90's. People used to talk about him and I'd say "Who?" They'd say "C'mon... he was just in here last week! He's a local artist. You have to know him." I'd just say "Sorry... I have no idea who you are talking about."

One of the last times I saw him he introduced me to Lamar Waldron who published his early work in Visions magazine. That was a cool conversation.

DG

Not really trying to compete with the Greg Capullo BATMAN #1 cover thread... but I do have to comment on this last posting.

DG,

I appreciated reading how you ended up meeting Bob Burden. I wasn't aware of Visions magazine until reading your post. I'll have to check some of that material out!

Maybe not a number one of course but I'll be looking to snag issues 2 and 3 at some point down the road. Thanks so much for the info!

-Michael

No problem. His contribution is likely very small because I never really noticed it or remembered it. Die hard fans do collect the issues in which his art appeared. Some nice little items I picked up from him in 2010 include:

The Pharisee and Other Cartoons Preview #nn (Killian Barracks Press)

nn_Pharisee_and_Other_Cartooons_Preview_535px.png

The back cover...

nn_Pharisee_and_Other_Cartooons_Preview_bc_535px.png

Disorderly House #3 Preview Edition (B&W Cover, Killian Barracks Press)

003_Disorderly_House_BW_535px.png

This was free with the purchase of the Pharisee publication above. Same as above but the inside cover is blank whereas the B&W has text.

Disorderly House #3 (Color Cover, Killian Barracks Press)

003_Disorderly_House_535px.png

Here is the back cover of the color version...

003_Disorderly_House_bc_535px.png

I see the lady which assists with his web page and kickstarter projects occasionally too. I have a little insider info on projects that he has brewing, but I'm sworn to secrecy.

DG

No problem. His contribution is likely very small because I never really noticed it or remembered it. Die hard fans do collect the issues in which his art appeared. Some nice little items I picked up from him in 2010 include:

The Pharisee and Other Cartoons Preview #nn (Killian Barracks Press)

nn_Pharisee_and_Other_Cartooons_Preview_535px.png

The back cover...

nn_Pharisee_and_Other_Cartooons_Preview_bc_535px.png

Disorderly House #3 Preview Edition (B&W Cover, Killian Barracks Press)

003_Disorderly_House_BW_535px.png

This was free with the purchase of the Pharisee publication above. Same as above but the inside cover is blank whereas the B&W has text.

Disorderly House #3 (Color Cover, Killian Barracks Press)

003_Disorderly_House_535px.png

Here is the back cover of the color version...

003_Disorderly_House_bc_535px.png

I see the lady which assists with his web page and kickstarter projects occasionally too. I have a little insider info on projects that he has brewing, but I'm sworn to secrecy.

DG

Nice! I'm loving the Disorderly House #3 B&W noir cover. -MB