• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Unchained

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

What does everybody think about this title? I've heard great things from Snyder and really thought about collecting it. The only problem is each issue having 200,000 variants. Even looking at issue #6 there is still 7 or 8 variants. :makepoint:

I've just never seen so many for DC titles released for every issue. It kills me because I'm a completest and this series alone would break the bank spending $300+ each month on all variants. Does anybody know if it's a limited series or is going to be ongoing for a long time?

I just read about 9 or 10 will be the first arc then Snyder and Lee probably won't be doing it together after that. Honestly I'd like for it be 8 issues or so because I don't see how they can keep making 400 variants per issue.

Superman Unchained finishing in April after issue #9.

At least Snyder will finish out his arc as planned. Hopefully the next four issues are amazing and this goes on to be viewed as one of the better Superman stories of the last 20 years.

In my opinion, this just goes to show how difficult it is to write Superman in this age. Even Scott Snyder couldn't save him. And, god knows what Morrison was doing with Action Comics. I suspect that a lot of this mess was because of the legal issues with the families of Shuster and Siegel. Nevertheless, here's hoping that they bring some talent on the line in 2014 to kick start the character because this title just didn't do it for me. A big let down.