• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Mistakes, Two Books; One Invoice

11 posts in this topic

Or Two mistakes from CGC

I finally have my New Mutants #15 back with me. It's signed by five but only recorded with four. They also took away what Stan Lee wrote which I decided to have him personalize it when I had the book turned over in Philadelphia.

I called CGC to notify them of their mistakes and thought it was pretty cool I got to talk to Molly who has helped me at the past two shows I went too. My sixteen I wrote about already in a previous journal.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/JournalDetail.aspx?JournalEntryID=14379

Molly told me it would be no problem to turn over to them at the NYCC for the corrections. I do enjoy how quickly they are willing to fix their mistakes, but I don't like that they were made. The issue sixteen being mismatched with its 2010 counterpart is unacceptable. I don't understand how the premium grading company can mistake a current age comic book with a copper age comic over twenty five years prior.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14413.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I'm honestly surprised the #16 made it all the way through the process as the 2010 version. It seems like whoever was putting the label into the Encapsulatron 3000 would read the words and think, "hmmmm?"

For whatever reason, I assume that the people who work at CGC are comics fans, but that really shouldn't be the case. In fact, I think I would prefer it if they weren't fans, so that their preferences don't influence their grading. Also, I'm not sure if there are enough comics fans in one locality to fill all the jobs. I have no concept of the total CGC workforce, and how many people it takes to keep the slab-masses happy.

I'm glad you got them back in time to take to NYCC. Speaking of which, here's something I just noticed: Tom Mandrake is scheduled to be at the Dark Horse booth doing signings on Friday from 2-3pm. I didn't see him on the NYCC guest list though.

http://www.conventionscene.com/tag/tom-mandrake/

I'm sure adding the cover artist's signature would ease the pain of resubbing, no? Yes!

That is a panel that's on the dark horse web site. Not sure about him even being there, just that they heave a comics panel, and one of his comics will be talked about.

I guess he's not going to have his own table, just hang around the Dark Horse table? (shrug)

I would definitely try to get more info, because if he's only available for an hour that might rearrange your whole plan.

I can't seem to get the conventionscene.com website to work now, but I thought the timeline was specifically marked for signings. Not that this website is particularly definitive by any means, if the NYCC site and Dark Horse site say something different.

Aha, here's the same schedule on the DH page.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1475/nycc-2013-dark-horse-announces-signing-events-sche

Quote:

It's here! New York Comic-Con 2013 is upon us, and Dark Horse Comics is delivering a full slate of signings from your favorite creators!

SIGNINGS IN DARK HORSE BOOTH #1636

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10

3:30 p.m. ELFQUEST: Richard and Wendy Pini

5:00 p.m. HALO: Frank O’Connor, Christopher Schlerf

6:00 p.m. MASS EFFECT: Mac Walters

7:00 p.m. EVE ONLINE: B. Börkur Eiríksson

8:00 p.m. Tommy Lee Edwards: Project TBA

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11

10:00 a.m. SCIENCE FICTION COMICS: Ron Randall (Trekker), Michael Dialynas (Amala’s Blade), Ulises Farinas and Erick Freitas (Gamma), David Walker (Number 13)

11:00 a.m. MASS EFFECT: Mac Walters

12:00 p.m. THE FIFTH BEATLE: Vivek J. Tiwary, Andrew C. Robinson

1:00 p.m. NEW SUPERHEROES FROM GREAT CREATORS: Mike Norton and Dennis Hopeless (The Answer!), Bryan J. L. Glass (Furious), Donny Cates (Buzzkill, Hunter Quaid), Eliot Rahal (Hunter Quaid)

2:00 p.m. HORROR COMICS: Alex de Campi (Grindhouse, Smoke/Ashes), Chris Peterson (Grindhouse), Tim Seeley (Ex Sanguine), Tom Mandrake (To Hell You Ride), Jonathan Maberry (Project TBA), Cameron Stewart (Sin Titulo, B.P.R.D.)

I hope you have the possibility of getting Mandrake on that puppy!

I would love to get Glynis Wein and Orzechowski on a bunch of my comics.

CGC should be able to not only fix the mistake on your 15, but be able to add back in the special notations in the notes section of the label per request.