• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Lulu's being collected...

6 posts in this topic

A few more notes that I got from the Dark Horse people at the Chicago Con.

These will NOT be reprinted in order. They will do runs of a issues though, for instance one book might reprint Lulu 20 - 30 then the next issue 120 - 135.

They most likely DO NOT have the stats for the FC issues and the earlier Lulus (about the first 12 or so). Another Rainbow didn't have them when they did the hardcover set (I don't think Western had any idea where they are, they did have almost all from the mid-teen and up though). The AR sets used tracings of those comics that they didn't have the stats for, and many fans were not really happy with the quality. Dark Horse wouldn't say if they were going to use the same trackings that AR used or do something else. The offical answer I got from them in Chicago is "We're looking into it". This, I think, is one of the big reasons why the comics aren't just going to come out in order.

I was disapointed they aren't doing the text features, as many, unlike MOST comics of the time, were pretty good. I like the artwork done my "Lulu" that would accompany the text.

I think they do have a nice format, and I hope they sell tons. This is will a nice low cost way of getting a nice chuck of Lulu comics and really the stories hold up very well. Some of them are among the best comics that have been done, imo.

Great, great stuff...!!!

I'm a huge Lulu fan, and will buy these as soon as they're available. Thanks very much for alerting us to this happy news!

Here's hoping the first 'installment' includes the FC (# 139, I think?) story about Lulu smoking doll hair and hallucinating!

Thanks, Bob - I just read it smile.gif

I'm still excited, and really looking forward to the reprints from Dark Horse!

My one 'complaint' would be, if you really want to expose a broad audience to the greatness of classic Lulu stories, $13 per 'volume' is way to steep. I'll buy them and be happy at the price, but let's face it, most kids who have $13 in their pocket will likely opt for a movie, a videogame, or a collectible card game.

It would be interesting to see a series of Lulu reprints at $2.00 per issue. I have no idea if that's cost-effective, but if they can sell 200 pages for $13, they can sell 30 pages for $2, right? tongue.gif