• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom Stranger 1 ('52) and Doc Savage V2/7 Classic Cover and MORE

25 posts in this topic

I really hate to offer these up but I need to catch up with some overspending of late. Paypal, checks, M.O.'s are acceptable, but prefer a check or M.O..... all books have a 2 week return period for any reason. I can't upload to photobucket right now due to browser incompatibility, so the pics here are all I can do right now. Shipping to USA is $ 15 for USPS Priority insured.... Out of Country will be more. Time payments may be possible. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DOC SAVAGE V2/7.....CGC 4.5.....OW........$ 120

PHANTOM STRANGER 1....... 5.0/6.0......OW/W .......$ 800 :news: SOLD

Will also add a few more over the weekend..... Shipping on these will be $ 10 to USA

AMAZING ADVENTURES 2.......8.5.......OW/W.......$ 350 ( D copy .....SUPER glossy) :news: SOLD

True Life Secrets 23.....7.0.....OW/W....... $ 70 (no pics of this....classic diamond necklace cover) :news: SOLD

Strange Worlds 1.....3.0.......C/OW......$ 140 (nice Ancient One prototype) :news: SOLD

Strange Tales 68 .....3.0......C'OW........$ 40 :news: SOLD

Strange Tales 102.....4.5.....OW......$ 60

TOS 28 .....4.5.......OW.......$ 30

PHANTOM STRANGER 1 ........ Sold to me as unrestored and I don't see anything. Great PQ (unusual for this book) and the main problems are the inpacted staple (still fully attached) and a bleach spot at the top of the cover. Without the spot it would probably be a solid Fine. This copy does have the transfer stains on the front cover that commonly are associated with this issue as well as the streaking in the lower left area of the front cover..... kind of looks like fog and I'm not sure if it was intentional with the design. This is the prettiest copy I've ever seen in person and a CGC 6.0 just sold at auction for $ 1600. This is half that and almost as nice. It actually looks better than my pics and scans indicate. You'll have to make your mind up on this one in a couple of weeks as I'll be catching up on other commitments if it sells. A couple of light tears on the back cover and the staples are still shiny and tight. Light bleach smell..... probably associated with the spot on the cover. :news: SOLD

PHANTOMSTRANGER1.jpg

PHANTOMSTRANGER1b.jpg

PHNTMSTGR1.jpg

AMAZING ADVENTURES 2 ....... cool stories by Anderson, SCHOMBURG, and more..... a rare interior by Schomburg. This book has some rippling on the spine and a tiny bit of rust on one staple.....otherwise it's near mint.... it's a fantastic copy of a very cool cover. It's the "D" copy with COA. :news: SOLD

AMAZINGADVENTURES2-D.jpg

Strange Worlds 1 ..... cool book that many consider the beginning of Marvel Comics SA ..... and it contains probably the best Ancient One prototype of all ....but for some reason, it isn't listed as such . Stan obviously had the Doctor Strange mythos brewing in his mind very early on. Nice solid copy.

101_1826.jpg

..... I hate letting it go. Unfortunately, if I get in a cashflow crunch, it's the books I hate to lose that sell..... GOD BLESS....

P.S. Schomburg does the interior story that is taken from the cover..... and it's a hoot.

PHANTOM STRANGER 1 ........ Sold to me as unrestored and I don't see anything. Great PQ (unusual for this book) and the main problems are the inpacted staple (still fully attached) and a bleach spot at the top of the cover. Without the spot it would probably be a solid Fine. This copy does have the transfer stains on the front cover that commonly are associated with this issue as well as the streaking in the lower left area of the front cover..... kind of looks like fog and I'm not sure if it was intentional with the design. This is the prettiest copy I've ever seen in person and a CGC 6.0 just sold at auction for $ 1600. This is half that and almost as nice. It actually looks better than my pics and scans indicate. You'll have to make your mind up on this one in a couple of weeks as I'll be catching up on other commitments if it sells. A couple of light tears on the back cover and the staples are still shiny and tight. Light bleach smell..... probably associated with the spot on the cover.

PHANTOMSTRANGER1.jpg

PHANTOMSTRANGER1b.jpg

PHNTMSTGR1.jpg

:takeit: per PM

Love the 1st appearances of Wizard and Paste-Pot-Pete. :cloud9:

Great Kirby art, and I think they are inked by Chic Stone…

My first mail order comic was Marvel Tales 4 which reprinted ASM 7, ST 102, JIM 86, and TTA 39....... what a comic :cloud9: .... and the ST 102 has been a fav ever since..... GOD BLESS....