• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman - Marvel Comics - New material from Gaiman and Buckingham

65 posts in this topic

This actually looks pretty good and the Dell 'Otto cover is nice. Smith variant is eh. I'm not sure whey they would have Jeff Smith doing a serious character like this.

I can't find it online but in the newest Comic Shop News Morrison talks about when he originally wrote this -script and asked for Moore's blessing to continue with it and Moore told him not to basically.

First Look: ALL-NEW MIRACLEMAN ANNUAL #1

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/first-look-all-new-miracleman-annual-1/1100-149914/

Why was Moore not mentioned in the credits.....didn't see his name

All I know is that Alan Moore dislikes Stan Lee. Probably he dislikes Marvel Comics.

Marvel Comics own Miracleman. His name is now out of their pictures that is what I believe.

I have to admit that I always love Alan Moore being bold and sincere.

Why was Moore not mentioned in the credits.....didn't see his name

All I know is that Alan Moore dislikes Stan Lee. Probably he dislikes Marvel Comics.

Marvel Comics own Miracleman. His name is now out of their pictures that is what I believe.

I have to admit that I always love Alan Moore being bold and sincere.

Here read this

http://comicsbeat.com/the-alan-mooremarvelman-interview-part-iii-i-definitely-wanted-my-name-taken-off-it/

... I felt that – OK, yes, I know that it’s because I wrote Marvelman the way that I did that it became the work that it’s become, but the fact remains that I had taken somebody else’s property without knowing that that was what I was doing, because I was being assured that this wasn’t what I was doing ...

Alan Moore does dislike a lot of people (more publically than most) but it's to do with the rights to use the character that were never actually made available.