• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay vs Consignment

Decisions  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Decisions

15 posts in this topic

Does it make more sense to sell on Ebay where there is tons of traffic, also the possibily of your items being missed, or is it smarter to consign with a reputable site?

Looking for opinions and experiences with both of these venues.

Depends on the book.

High grade, 9.4 and above BA, 9.2 and above SA.

I would go with ebay for that stuff (unless we're talking really big books). For some GA and more obscure titles I've had more luck with Comiclink. I've never tried Pedigree although it looks like it might be a good choice for better SA books.

Depends on the book.

High grade, 9.4 and above BA, 9.2 and above SA.

I would go with ebay for that stuff (unless we're talking really big books). For some GA and more obscure titles I've had more luck with Comiclink. I've never tried Pedigree although it looks like it might be a good choice for better SA books.

HG Marvels I'd go with Comiclink or Pedigree. Thats where buyers go first for the best stuff. But, if you think you have a special copy that will spark a bidding war, Ebay can do a lot better than any high price you shoot for with them. Same with Heritage. Bidding wars can bring out the super-scary ground-breaking prices as we see all the time and are a sellers bestest friend!

It really depends on how quickly you want to move the books. For a fast sale eBay can't be beaten, but if you are prepared to wait, Comiclink seem to realise some very high prices.

That is my experience! The only "problem" is that if the book isn't slabbed, it doesn't move on ComicLink.

But I list all of my slabbed books there and have been pretty happy with the prices I've gotten. My only real complaint is how long it takes to get paid. foreheadslap.gif

It really depends on how quickly you want to move the books.

All the time in the world wink.gif

Just started on Dougs site, on a couple of items and first sold in 3 days for what I wanted grin.gif, funny thing is on Ebay when it was listed it didnt come anywhere near the reserve I had frown.gif