• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Nicer Silver & Bronze Age DC - Adams covers/keys/Supes - ALL SOLD & CLOSED!

48 posts in this topic

Up for sale tonight: a short stack of nicer Silver and Bronze Age DCs, including some classic Neal Adams covers and a few key or semi-key issues. Many of these are my "personal" books which I wasn't planning on selling just yet...but, oh well...so it goes.

------------------------------------------

SHIPPING:

Domestic US shipping for 1-4 books: $8.00 via securely-packed & fully-insured USPS Priority Mail (padded mailing envelope) w/delivery confirmation.

Domestic US shipping for 5 or more books: $14.00 via securely-packed & fully-insured USPS Priority Mail (medium flat rate box) w/delivery confirmation.

• Very sorry -- NO international shipping at this time.

TERMS:

:takeit: in the thread rules.

• NO probies, HOS'ers, etc.

• PayPal is the ONLY form of payment I'll accept for this sale.

:news:***VERY IMPORTANT:*** Payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date -- NO exceptions. If you require more time, please PM me FIRST before committing to buy, and I'm sure we can work something out. However, if payment is not received within the specified time period, and no other arrangements have been made, I reserve the right to cancel the sale and re-list the item.

• I usually ship within one day of receipt of payment; sometimes the same day, if I'm working from home!

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me) -- as a former US Postal Service employee, I tend to get very high marks for my packaging and shipping, mostly because I know what NOT to do...! :grin:

My feedback thread!

I'll start the listings in a few minutes...

Thanks for looking! -Mike

Action Comics #393: NM-. The classic BA Superman art team of Curt Swan and Murphy Anderson actually began their long, exceptionally good run on this title (and the Superman character in general) right here, pre-dating their first "new direction" issue of Superman (#233) by several months. I bought this copy several years ago from Bob Storms as a NM-, which is what it still is today. Very nice book. 2011 OSPG = $40.

$28

SOLD!!!

action393-a.jpg

action393-b.jpg

Action Comics #399: VF/NM. Adams cover. Very sharp copy -- glossy, deep cover colors, nice whites. Great Adams cover, and a super cool time-travel story by Swan and Anderson, too. 2011 OSP = $30.

$20

SOLD!!!

action399-a.jpg

action399-b.jpg

Action Comics #402: VF/NM. Penciled arrival date on the front cover (hard to see in the scan -- it's to the left of the "My Powers are Gone!" word balloon). Bought several years ago from Bob Storms as a VF/NM, which is what it still is today. Another cool Adams cover from a great era for the Man of Steel. 2011 OSP = $30.

$20

action402-a.jpg

action402-b.jpg

Batman #252: VF. Bought this one from Dale Roberts at the Baltimore Con 4-5 years ago. Don't know if it's a tough one to find in grade or not, but this was definitely the nicest copy I could find in the room on that day. 2011 OSP = $35.

$25

batman252-a.jpg

batman252-b.jpg

Green Lantern #86: VF/NM. Classic Adams drug story. Looks better than the assigned grade in the Mylar, but there's some light ncb wear to the fc not visible in the scan. Still a super nice copy. 2011 OSP = $154.

$125

SOLD via PM!!!

greenlantern86-a.jpg

greenlantern86-b.jpg

Justice League of America #138: NM+ (9.6). Classic Adams cover, and the book which prompted me, at age 10, to write my first ever letter to a comic book publisher (I suggested that this Neal Adams guy should draw more covers! :insane: ). Bought this one from Dale Roberts, too -- it's a very, very sharp copy. 2011 OSP (9.2 price) = $30.

$50

SOLD via PM!!!

jla138-a.jpg

jla138-b.jpg

Superman #204: F/VF. Not an easy book to find in nice shape, at least in my experience. Deep cover colors on this one, with little or no significant wear to detract from the impact of the cover image, which is one of Adams' best from his late '60s period. 2011 OSP ~ $30.

$18

SOLD via PM!!!

supes204-a.jpg

supes204-b.jpg

Superman #209: VF-. A slightly dingy back cover is about the worst of it (looks much worse in the scan than in-hand). Very solid copy overall, and another sentimental favorite of mine from the unjustly forgotten Ross Andru era on this title. The creepy, big-headed, long-fingered, red-skinned "Super-Clark" alien at the end of the story seriously freaked me out as a kid. It's just plain weird! 2011 OSP ~ $30.

$20

supes209-a.jpg

supes209-b.jpg

Superman #233: VF+. The classic BA Supes cover by Adams, and the first, official "new direction" Superman courtesy of Denny O'Neil, Curt Swan, and Murphy Anderson.

This copy has an extremely bright and glossy front cover with very deep colors. Only some very (and I mean VERY) faint, (barely) color breaking wear (vertically in the right-hand side of Supes' cape; at a few spots long the spine; and at the lower rhc -- all very tough to see in the scan), and other ncb wear to the fc, keep this copy out of the higher grades. As it sits, it's a very sharp book for the dough. 2011 OSP ~ $90.

$85

SOLD!!!

supes233-a.jpg

supes233-b.jpg

Superman #238: VF/VF+. Very solid copy for the grade, and a cool "Sand Superman" cover, too. I think the grade on this one is fairly conservative -- some dinginess along the spine on the back cover (highly amplified by the scan) knocks it down for me. From the front it looks VF/NM or maybe a little better. 2011 OSP ~ $45.

$25

SOLD @ 20% OFF!!

supes238-a.jpg

supes238-b.jpg

Superman #233: VF+. The classic BA Supes cover by Adams, and the first, official "new direction" Superman courtesy of Denny O'Neil, Curt Swan, and Murphy Anderson.

This copy has an extremely bright and glossy front cover with very deep colors. Only some very (and I mean VERY) faint, (barely) color breaking wear (vertically in the right-hand side of Supes' cape; at a few spots long the spine; and at the lower rhc -- all very tough to see in the scan), and other ncb wear to the fc, keep this copy out of the higher grades. As it sits, it's a very sharp book for the dough. 2011 OSP ~ $90.

$85

supes233-a.jpg

supes233-b.jpg

:takeit:

$85

:takeit:

Looks like you "missed it by THAT much" due to the The-Collector. (sorry...couldn't resist...:foryou:)